Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BLW/ZT Troop Train Bonus - for Veterans Day - Running Late.... As Usual

Default BLW/ZT Troop Train Bonus - for Veterans Day - Running Late.... As Usual

Hi All,

The annual BLW/ZT Troop Train Bonus (11th year), has been delayed. My apologies, busy month at work. "With a little help from my friends", Chris Parker stepped in to provide a set of DODX and USAX tanks cars, which led me to upgrade the models, which Gaetan had upgraded, after I created the ORIGINAL models years ago...

We are finishing up details, but here is a sneak peek.

For those new to the series, I created the BLW/ZT Troop Train set in 2009 while my son, then 2nd Lieutenant Ben Franzosa was on his first deployment in Iraq. Every year, we have added additional locomotives and rolling stock to this $10.00 set and proceeds go to the Wounded Warrior Project. So, if you have never bought, or considered payware sets, the BLW/ZT set with all bonus add-ons now includes 23 locos and 35 cars, and is a $10 investment that goes to WWP.

This year, Major Ben and Captain Ashlie welcomed new Cadet Enzo into the world. A COVID baby and Army brat, who has already pulled up stakes and moved!

If you have already purchased this set, I urge you to donate $10 to the Wounded Warrior Project, or the veteran's charity of your choice. Details will be added to this thread when the cars are complete.

Thanks!

Please pass on to your son a nd his wife a BIG THANK YOU for their duty to the United States!
    Kevin Kelleher

Rick, they made those DODX tankcars with the full platforms on top around the fill port too. We had our share of them going through the middle of town every day from the State Port to the local bases around us.

DODX Tank 1.jpg
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

Steve, these are DODX tank cars, as you may have guessed. Inspired by you, if my memory is accurate (and I think not just you). They aren't the kind with the platforms, but a late forties/early fifties design that lasted until the mid eighties. They seemed to be all over the place in the sixties.
    Christopher

True Chris, they were everywhere. Both types. We sometimes had trains 80 t0 100 tank cars long pulling out of the State Port at Morehead City from the fuel terminal, loaded with Jet fuel and headed for the bases at Camp Lejeune, Cherry Point, Seymour Johnson, and sometimes Fort Bragg behind a solitary GP30 or GP35. And they were slow.

BLW/ZT 2020 Troop Train Bonus - DODX / USAX Tank Cars

Sorry for the delay!!

Now available at the Valleypass forum: www.valleypass.com/forum

For those of you that are new to our Veteran's day bonus, a little history:

For Veteran's Day 2010, I decided to create a model of the Pullman troop sleeper from WWII, in honor of our veterans, following my son's return from his deployment in Iraq. I pledged that all proceeds I received from this set would be donated to veteran's charities.

The set was listed on the BLW website for $10, and featured 7 locomotives and 10 troop sleepers and 2 kitchen cars. http://www.valleypass.com/Sales/Troop.htm

Every year since on Veteran's Day, I have added a bonus to this initial set. Now, the set consists of 19 locomotives and 42 cars. The price stays the same and so does my donation pledge.

The 2020 bonus is a new set of seven upgraded tank cars in DODX and USAX livery.

Thanks to:

Christopher Parker for the suggested upgrade elements, and for the textures, included both ACE files for MSTS and DDS files for OR.

I dedicate this to MY special veterans:

my Dad, Corporal John Franzosa - U S Army, retired, who passed away in 2019 the age of 98

my late Father-in-law, Corporal Lawrence Gormally - U S Army

my late Mother-in-law 2nd Lieutenant Nora Gormally - U S Army

my son and daughter-in-law, Major Benjamin & Captain Ashlie Franzosa - U S Army, currently on active duty.

Rick Franzosa
    Veteran's Day 2020

COMPLETE LIST OF TROOP TRAIN SET AND BONUSES
    Baltimore and Ohio E6 ( A-B ) #57
    Baltimore and Ohio E6A #62
    Santa Fe EMD FT ( A-B ) #160
    Santa Fe EMD FT ( A-B ) #161
    ATSF Freight EMD FT A-B-B-A set
    Alco S2 US ARMY #7450
    Baldwin DS-4-4-1000 NWSC #5
    EMD SW8 US ARMY #2002, #2008
    EMD GP7 US Army #1821 & #1823
    EMD SW1200 USN #4 &#6
    Illinois Central E6A #4001-A & #4001-B
    Louisville & Nashville E6A #770 & #775

Troop Sleeper 'Type 1' - #7967 (Blacked out), 7367, 8014, 7363, 8100
    Troop Sleeper 'Type 2' - #9645 (Blacked out), 9854, 9949, 9455, 9868
    Troop Kitchen - K-100, K-251
    Hospital Unit Car 9300, 9303
    Medical Kitchen Car
    Heavyweight 10-1-2 Sleepers 'Camp Liscum', 'Camp Greene'
    Heavyweight 16 Section Tourist Sleepers #4125, #4136
    Heavyweight 14 Section Tourist Sleepers 'New Hamburg', 'New Franklin', 'William Gilbert', 'Samuel Morse'

F30 Flat Car
    Tanks cars #7010, #7013, #7024
    Hopper Car USN #61-03350
    Caboose DODX #901
    USN 50' 'door and a half' box cars
    (#61-06516, #61-04790, # 61-04793, # 61-05174, #61-06909, #61-05178)
    Tanks cars DODX #9204, 12107, 11942, 11922, 11812, USAX #9350, 11952

Enjoy!

Rick Franzosa
    Gaetan Belanger

2021 (C) Belanger Locomotive Works/ZosaTrains

Nice - thanks guys!

They look GREAT !
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

Thank you once again Rick for you generosity of all the bonuses over the years. The cars look great..
    Jim

Thanks Rick, got to go and make my SOU NC State Ports Authority Tank Car Train- From Radio Island Fuel Terminal near Morehead City to the bases (I'll find a route to pretend on). They look great.