Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TSRE "Stick to Track" Checkbox.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default TSRE "Stick to Track" Checkbox.

Hi All,

I've made a 27m turntable with the shape replaced with the Kentville turntable on the DAR. I've been having trouble getting it to work but I sent it to someone who has built turntables before and they had no trouble getting it into the sim and turning an engine on it, so it does work. This evening I tried adding the turntable to the enginehouse lead for the umpteenth time. When I do this in TSRE5 it appears to be lined up with the track but I can not make a path through it. If I look very closely it's not perfectly aligned, probably less then a quarter degree out.

I've been looking through the manual and see I should be checking off the "Stick to Track" checkbox before trying to place the turntable at the end of the selected enginehouse lead. Where is this magin checkbox located? I've gone thought all the menus and can't find it.

Paul :-)

The checkox you're looking for is actually called 'Stick to Target', and it's located in the Objects menu, between the Select and Auto Placement buttons

Click on the 3 points

The next menu opens

Here you can choose between Track and Roads or both

Thanks guys, that's what I have been doing and it's still not connecting properly to the track end. It's also out vertically, at ground level and not at the track height.

The problem I'm having is when I place the turntable at the end of the enginehouse lead track, it "snaps" into place but is 0.181 feet below the track that I snapped it to in TSRE5 and will not let me put a path through it. If I move the placement point about 5 meters back from the end and place the turntable, it's at the correct height as the track I'm snapping it to, but it's 5 meters back from the end of the 15m piece.

Any ideas?

Neither Nor

Code:
    StaticFlags ( 00210080 )

I can't believe what the problem turned out to be. Every once in a while when I've saved something the turntable after lacing it in one of the route editors I've gone back and noticed a number has changed in one of the files, like the CollideFlags number or the StaticFlags numbers and I've had to change it back. A few times the number is almost the same except one digit has changed and I'm not sure how long it's taken me to see it. Turns out my problem was with the turntables.dat file, one of the digits in the World File number was changed. Just noticed it this evening, changed it back, and now it's working properly.

So, the turntable is working properly. Now to screw it up again by changing the indexing to 8 degrees!

I think you need to adjust the YOffset.

http://www.elvastower.com/forums/ind...nal-turntable/

XOffset, YOffset and ZOffset indicate the offset of the center of the turntable, relative to the zero of the shape.

Can you check something for me? If you open the World File and find the entry for your turntable, check the CollideFlags entry. My entry keeps changing from 00200180 to 00200100 and I'm not sure which one is the right one.... or why it changes.

Without a picture of the situation i cannot say anything.
    What if you manually insert the turntable: press "Z", the vector lines disappear, align with "T", then again "Z", are the vector lines correct now?
    Or you use "X" to rotate the turntable until a suitable position is found.
    ( German keyboard )

Red outlines the marked blue turntable. Only this track is the correct connection.