Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 1 Year Since the Last DLC Release

I have been away for awhile. But visit to read the threads here and there.

I have zero complaints with Run8, in my experience, and in terms of customer service. Every issue I had in the past, John was courteous and went out of his way for me on several occasions concerning updating content installers etc. I still have her on the hard drive. In fact, I went for a spin down the Cajon the other day. If and when V3 does release, I`ll be there for it.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone.

Cheers.

Good seeing you back and around Warren
    Work Safe play hard

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I have been away for awhile. But visit to read the threads here and there.

I have zero complaints with Run8, in my experience, and in terms of customer service. Every issue I had in the past, John was courteous and went out of his way for me on several occasions concerning updating content installers etc. I still have her on the hard drive. In fact, I went for a spin down the Cajon the other day. If and when V3 does release, I`ll be there for it.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone.

Cheers.
    I agree with those sediments. John's been very helpful, courteous, even both sharing, ideas back & forth for a time. I can only go by my treatment with John, as, I don't believe have interacted with others of the team via email. Even though as of late have pretty much set Run8 aside for the moment, should anything come along R8, know I'll be in line with the O'l plastic for sure. Once R8 in the blood, we're hooked, whether we wish to embrace or not.

Happy Holidays Each & Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by SMRY View Post
    ....Happy Holidays Each & Everyone
    Thank you.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Not to beat a dead stick but I thought this was kind of funny when going through editing my signature. I was bored on Christmas eve and this was a thread I got in trouble over

Now this thread was locked so the way I read the rules there is no harm in bringing it up. But it's amazing how this opens up the memory hole and how some people wonder the shoes I've walked in. Perhaps I should of listened to others but I think there are some valid points as well in the rights of how someone runs their business.

Mods if this is an issue PLEASE remove this post. I'm not looking to cause crap just something I came across that is related https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...Of-the-8-Words

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas.

Thanks

Sean

I had said it from day 1 & during Run8's forums days. release refinements, other real world positions / activity to corridors already inplace, at the time, went over so well I got the boot, just after haven said sorry for an error during my use of their official server of the time. Trying to recall fella that gave me a rash of grief for sharing a sorry at the time. sadly fella now pushing up daisies, RIP.

The funny thing is it's dammed if you dammed if you don't. As I said I think earlier in this or another thread I don't watch old shows and barely look over old videos that I have recorded. But for some reason this one I was curious as to why I got a point taken off by an admin at the time because I couldn't remember that incident only the more recent one.

When I looked at that thread I believe I was not on the beta team because there was a mention that I was not in the suggested servers or something. But you could tell I was not sympathetic to the people that were treated pretty crappy. In fact I recall looking the other way when I was an admin on that forum shaking my head as people got banned.

But I've seen both sides of this because I lived it. The remaining constant is it's their business and you vote with your wallet and your voice expressing your experience. But when you see certain people defend them it's kind of like looking now in a mirror to what I was in the past (perhaps not to that extreme). My attitude was they sold you a game, not access to a forum. The same thing applies to myself or anyone being disgruntled about little communication from the team outside of their new home of Run8 at the Depot (previously it was DAMS, and before that the official Run8 forums).

This is why I will continue to beat a dead stick once in a while for entertainment purposes, perhaps trigger a few people in the process, if not I get my kicks voting with my keyboard. Word of mouth advertising is very powerful. Someone keeps blowing smoke up my rear saying that my voice carries plenty of weight. I personally don't think so, but apparently some people still do. May as well make it interesting now that Christmas is over and we can tear each other apart again

I hope everyone sees my dry sense of humor, and I'm just kidding. Or am I?

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    .....I will continue to beat a dead stick ...
    I think you have your metaphor a bit arse-about-face, Sean.
    It's "flogging (or beating) a dead horse with a stick"......and you appear to be doing a good job of that, mate. That horse ain't goin' nowhere!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Or in Australia's case "shag***g a dead kangaroo"

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd