Thread: 2021 wish list

Default 2021 wish list

Just wondering what is everyone's wish list for 2021 for T:ANE mine is Milwaukee Road SD10's,SDL 39's,GP40's,Griswold M Gate Pedestal Mount Crossing Signals With Wishbone Gate Arms,a Sabula,and Clinton swing truss drawbridge,Denny's,Stuckey's,King's Food Host,Pester Derby gas station from the 1970's,Amoco gas station from the 1970's a Rock Island passenger station from Des Moines,Iowa,a CNW passenger station from Ames,Iowa,Henry's Hamburgers,Younkers

If we're talking about N3V, I just wish they would stop retreading the same tired old game engine and do something a little bit innovative.

We have Open Rails where you can set up a proper timetable. We have TSW2 where you have a timetable for a route that takes in the entire day of operations. Yet in Trainz you can't even put in a timetable for the player train to follow unless you understand some arcane scripting or command and no mainline railway in the country has the driver setting the route as he goes, after stopping and scratching your head as to which points you need to throw! Even Run 8 gives you a proper despatcher board.

It's also about time locos and rolling stock were brought up to scratch as regards cabs and sounds, instead of relying on aliases to 18yo content.
    Vern.

Amen to all that Vern.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

My wish for TRS19 is the ability to set up AI the way we did in MSTS. A mini-map where the switches are set to define the route taken by the AI. When the session commences the AI in the position they would be if they had started at the time specified in their timetable.

MSTS did get one or two things right. This was one of them.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by philskene View Post
    .....MSTS did get one or two things right. This was one of them.

Phil
    Agree 100%, Phil.
    One of the worthwhile aspects of MSTS in my opinion.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

N3V won't have it though. They think rules based sessions are the dogs.

Give me a session creation front end and i can over look some of the other shonky aspects, of the game.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Agree 100%, Phil.
    One of the worthwhile aspects of MSTS in my opinion.
    Thirding this. I was able to take the real schedules from TOPS and punch them into the activity editor, give each train a real headcode and path, and watch it all run.

Even friggin' A-Train (the port Maxis did) would let you set specific departure times and paths for each train, and that was a game so abstracted that a train would travel its own length every hour.

Anyone want a superb UK route. Cornish Railways (modern era) on the DLS.

Better than most of the payware in Trainz. Template session is needed as well, for the interlocking towers and pathing to work correctly.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd