Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with Milwaukee Road RMD West & East routes

Default Problems with Milwaukee Road RMD West & East routes

Hello, Im in need of help. The roads on the Milwaukee road RMD routes West and East are missing their roads. I've searched online on how to fix the issue and i haven't found anything. The roads do appear in the route editor and i do have scale roads and new roads installed. I wanna know how to fix this issue because its a massive eye sore seeing cars just driving on invisible bridges or on invisible road.

The OpenRails log file should show any missing shapes and or textures. It should be on your desktop.
    When you installed the roads did you copy the textures to the route's textures folder? The shapes go in the Global's shapes folder and the textures go in the route's texture folder.
    Zip up a copy of your OpenRails Log File and attach it here.

Quote Originally Posted by railroade View Post
    Hello, Im in need of help. The roads on the Milwaukee road RMD routes West and East are missing their roads. I've searched online on how to fix the issue and i haven't found anything. The roads do appear in the route editor and i do have scale roads and new roads installed. I wanna know how to fix this issue because its a massive eye sore seeing cars just driving on invisible bridges or on invisible road.
    Now, which version are you running? Specs? You running OR or MSTS? You are not clearly telling us more info...
    Dave Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by rdayt View Post
    The OpenRails log file should show any missing shapes and or textures. It should be on your desktop.
    When you installed the roads did you copy the textures to the route's textures folder? The shapes go in the Global's shapes folder and the textures go in the route's texture folder.
    Zip up a copy of your OpenRails Log File and attach it here.
    Don't know which specs hes running... he posted on the MSTS forum. I don't see him saying Open Rails neither MSTS... its 2 different things... so we dont know... wait for his answer first..
    Dave Edwards

If you're using open rails, check your value for 'World object density' (options -> Video -> World object density (bottom left)). Too low a value causes wat you describe.

If you're using MSTS, then I have no idea. I even had hair when I used that for the last time

Sorry I didn't say what I was using. I use open rails and I followed what you said and it worked! Thanks for the help

I was the creator of the four subdivisions that make up those routes and this is the first
    time anyone has reported any kind of a road problem. In the beginning I probably did
    not use NewRoads, probably not X-tracks either, but then Lukas Lussar combined pairs
    of my 4 subdivisions to create the RMD-EAST & RMD-WEST. He may have added
    NewRoads & X-tracks, probably did, but again, no errors like this have been seen till
    now.

J. H. Sullivan
    (landnrailroader)

I was driving the introduction run for MILW West and after leaving Deer lodge MT there was just this big chunk of land missing only track showing up in a few places and a black void bellow. This issue also happens in the mountain portion of the line with a part of the mountain being gone and the track just floating. Idk why this happens or how to fix it so... Also if you didn't see i Use OR so that might help

um.jpg

Then it belongs to OR forum....

Moved.......
    Dave Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by railroade View Post
    I was driving the introduction run for MILW West and after leaving Deer lodge MT there was just this big chunk of land missing only track showing up in a few places and a black void bellow. This issue also happens in the mountain portion of the line with a part of the mountain being gone and the track just floating. Idk why this happens or how to fix it so... Also if you didn't see i Use OR so that might help
    It is OR related. It also happens to me in random parts of whatever route I run (Mullan Pass included), but I don't know the reason.
    Quick fix is to save the game, quit and resume. Then the wrong stuff is gone.