Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Make Ace not working right

Christopher, I've been following this thread -- and others like it regarding troubles with train sim utility programs and new Op systems --- my feeling is that eventually the community has to develop a suite of new tools that will work with the new OS.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

This is kind of why I've always been wary of tools where the source code was not shared. There is no good reason that any of our free tools were not supplied with access to the source. Its not like they needed to be super secret or had loads of intellectual property to protect.
    http://www.railsimstuff.com
    3D Canvas/Crafter and Blender User
    formerly The Keystone Works (All Permissions Granted)
    In IRC at freenode #msts

Quote Originally Posted by pwillard View Post
    This is kind of why I've always been wary of tools where the source code was not shared. There is no good reason that any of our free tools were not supplied with access to the source. Its not like they needed to be super secret or had loads of intellectual property to protect.
    Certainly open source tools would be preferred.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Quote Originally Posted by lrc2 View Post
    I took notice of this and the other recent thread with some concern as I run win10 and have a big ace reskin project on pause at the moment. I use TGAtool2 - AceIt! version and thankfully for me at the moment at least it seems to still be able to export them with alpha on my system, much the same as some other users have reported.

I keep my windows up to date too. I wonder if your alpha saving problem could be an unexpected behaviour of an antivirus operation or a similar windows defense mechanism?
    A word of warning. Windows 10 updates hate old programs that were run on XP up to Windows 7. The update tends to outright delete the program or remove some key element's like say .dii and.dat files thus making the program useless. Not all users experience this with a Windows 10 update. A update killed my 3DC 9.3. What I did was installed an app to outright turn off the Microsoft update. After that I installed another app so I could delete all the Windows 10 updates and low and behold 4 key files returned for 3DC. It worked again. I did this maybe 2 years ago. Have since bought a new computer and installed the same apps, removed the updates. I have had no issues on two computers over 2 years with having the updates turned off. So that's my 2 cents.

I think it might depend upon where you install your TS utility programs. On my laptop -- Win10 --- everything from OR Profiles, Master Trainsets, Utility programs, OR programs, and anything related to train simming are in directories under C:\ORTS. Nothing has been disturbed so far during updates to Win10.
    Cheers, Gerry