Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Open Rails Activity Pack for BNSF Scenic Sub (Starter Route)

Smile Hello everyone

I have just uploaded an update (open_rails_starter_tutorial_1_1.zip) that fixes the defect in the first activity.

Also uploaded is an amended version (open_rails_starter_tutorial_1_0x.zip) of the original package minus the extraneous files. You do NOT need the amended version if you have already downloaded the original package.

Regards,
    Dan Reid

Exclamation

Hi Everyone,

Peter Murdock & I have just finished adapting the tutorial package for the most recent version of the route. I have just uploaded the package, and it is now available in the File Library as open_rails_starter_tutorial_2.zip.

The activities have been re-written using TSRE (rather than MSTS Activity Editor), so they should be easier for other people to modify. The tutorial messages have been improved, and they are friendlier as well as less intrusive.

As a BONUS, I have included a set guides on "Customizing, Improving, and Building Activities".

Regards,
    Dan Reid

Many thanks for this. I'm looking forward to running the activities.
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Quote Originally Posted by adreid View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Peter Murdock & I have just finished adapting the tutorial package for the most recent version of the route. I have just uploaded the package, and it is now available in the File Library as open_rails_starter_tutorial_2.zip.

The activities have been re-written using TSRE (rather than MSTS Activity Editor), so they should be easier for other people to modify. The tutorial messages have been improved, and they are friendlier as well as less intrusive.

As a BONUS, I have included a set guides on "Customizing, Improving, and Building Activities".

Regards,
    Dan Reid
    This is wonderful news, thank you ever so much it is greatly appreciated.

Hi Team,

I am running the activities, I am finding that on the first activity, the ground texture is not there.
    I have tested the other trainsimulations routes and the ground textures are there.

Is anyone else seeing this?
    Cheers
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by derekmorton View Post
    Hi Team,

I am running the activities, I am finding that on the first activity, the ground texture is not there.
    I have tested the other trainsimulations routes and the ground textures are there.

Is anyone else seeing this?
    I've just started A01 Derek and I appear to be fully "grounded" with the exception of road2lane_dt dds, which I copied over from Seligman route.
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

A general question about the payware route released by SLI vs. the TS Starter route - I've got both (Starter route running in OR); are they the same? Outside of the activities, is there a reason to keep both?

Hi Derek,

An OR log would be really useful here to help diagnose what went wrong, and maybe a picture of what "missing" means. Is the texture black, or is the terrain missing altogether?

I have had an occasional issue where the ground textures will be replaced by a black square when running OR monogame with the "Reduce memory Usage" option checked.

Thanks for running our activities!
    Peter

Derek, are you sure you haven't got the DDS and ACE texture problems reported in other threads about the newer-vs-older TrainSimulations Content?
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

It was the "reduce memory usage" tickbox.I will leave that unticked going forward.
    The ground texture was black.
    There was nothing in the log.
    My trainsimulations ( dds ) routes are all in their own folder structure.

Thanks for the activities.
    Cheers
    Derek