Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Open Rails Activity Pack for BNSF Scenic Sub (Starter Route)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Open Rails Activity Pack for BNSF Scenic Sub (Starter Route)

I have just uploaded an Open Rails activity pack for the Starter Route (a free download from traimsimulations.net). There are nine activities, ranging from easy to hard, which together some optional exercises make up a tutorial on shunting. As this is intended for people who are new to Open Rails, no other downloads are required. I am releasing this work without restrictions, and you may do whatever you wish with it. This should provide hours of fun!

open_rails_starter_tutorial_1_0.zip

Regards,
    Dan Reid

Moved to Open Rails forum... not MSTS related....
    Dave Edwards

Thank you for creating this!

Is there any possibility this could be reworked for the new version of the starter route? The old version (which these are written for) and a lot of the rolling stock included has recently been replaced. AFAIK that version of the starter route is no longer available, and I only have the newer version.

Thanks,
    Peter
    Last edited by Peter M; 12-11-2020 at 09:46 PM.

Can I just echo Peter's thanks Dan. Like him I now only have the newer version of the route and so I'm wondering if an amendment is possible.
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Thankyou for the feedback!

I downloaded the Starter Route in July and have been working on the activities off and on since then. I had no idea that an update had been made to the route in the meantime. In fact, that's the last thing I would expect.

I have downloaded the Starter Route again today and will install it shortly. I will absolutely rework the activities for the new route, and will release them as version 2 as soon as they are ready,

Regards,
    Dan Reid

I did try to run first activity (A1-Appleyard-Cashmere v 1.0) and the instruction do not mach with what consist do you need to pick up and one of them is missing from the yard. I did try to make screenshots and point out accurate problem, but since you need to downscale screenshots to so small resolution, you can't see nothing what i am trying to say. Yes i do have previous avaible free route from Trainsimulations.com.

Hi, I just installed the pack and make sure it was with the old version of the starter route, mine i got 2019-05-22, the new one being 2020-10-18.

On the first activity, the yard has 3 tracks, AppleyardLead(1), Appleyard6 and Appleyard7. The work order says to pick up 6 containers from Appleyard7 but there is only 5. And it ask to pick 8 cars from Appleyard2, but no tracks have that name. There are 9 cars Appleyard6. Continuing the activity with the 5 cars from Appeyard7, i found Appeyard1 to 5, but no cars on Appleyard2.

Which version is the good one?

Wow, I wonder how many versions of this route exist -- I downloaded the file on July 5, 2020. The properties of the installer program show version 1.0.0.0 -- most of the individual files are dated 2012-03-08, but some texture files are dated 2019-01-21.

Is anyone aware of other versions?

Regards,
    Dan Reid

These activities were written for the old version. The rolling stock is what I remember being installed previously, and the route folder from the activity pack has the old name (TS_StarterRoute). The new version is named BNSF_Scenic.

I would be happy to work on replicating these activities for the new version if anyone is interested and the author allows.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Peter M View Post
    These activities were written for the old version. The rolling stock is what I remember being installed previously, and the route folder from the activity pack has the old name (TS_StarterRoute). The new version is named BNSF_Scenic.

I would be happy to work on replicating these activities for the new version if anyone is interested and the author allows.

Peter
    I just tried this earlier today and ran into the same issue, activities are for the old version. I’d definitely be interested in something for the latest release, if someone can include variety in the consists. While running the activities in the new route, the upgraded stock is definitely great but the trains keep repeating themselves taking away from the realism