Thread: Train Sim Modeler no longer available

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Train Sim Modeler no longer available from Louis Sinclair

Hi,
    It has been brought to my attention that Louis Sinclair's website is no longer 'live'. I have tried contacting him via email but as his address was linked to his website, it's also no longer available.

There is a Facebook account in the name of Rundio Sinclair which looks as if it may be 'our' Louis, but I won't be joining Facebook just to find out! Maybe someone who's already a Facebook member could help me obtain his email address, if it is Louis (send me a PM please).

If I am able to contact him, I'll be seeking permission to upload TSM here.

TSM was 'taken over' by a third party, but, although it still appears to be available from there, you may not wish to use that website!

Cheers,
    Ged
    Last edited by slipperman; 12-13-2020 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Change title of thread

Ged,

It was posted in few threads down on the other forum... Somebody better grab it before its vaporware...

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...-verson-of-TSM
    Dave Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by dedwa15237 View Post
    Ged,

It was posted in few threads down on the other forum... Somebody better grab it before its vaporware...

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...-verson-of-TSM
    I know, Dave, but I thought it better to put it in its own thread so that I, and others, could find it easily.

Cheers,
    Ged

Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    TSM was 'taken over' by a third party, but, although it still appears to be available from there, you may not wish to use that website!
    I don't understand why you all hate him so much. He supported TSRE development with good donation and he shared TSM sources with me. I see no risk downloading these apps from his site.
    You should love all people regardless of their sins.
    Last edited by GokuMK; 12-13-2020 at 09:36 AM.

You missed all that drama, Goku. He blew every shred of trust that was afforded him, and he went after individuals financially and professionally.

He bought stuff and filed chargeback requests with PayPal and other credit card payment providers saying he never got the goods. Not only did het get a a refund for things he downloaded, but the payment providers also fine the merchant in most cases.

He filed a false claim with ICANN that shut down my professional web domain (totally unrelated to train sim development) and intentionally tried to damage my professional reputation. He tried to do the same to Elvas Tower.

There are other examples that I won't bother going into here because it's a moot point. He's expelled, and not coming back aside from the occasional attempt using a fake name that eventually gets banned as well when we figure it out...

We can disagree on things here in a civil manner, but once someone pursues another forum member in the real world, there are going to be consequences.

I'm glad you took his money.

He probably tried to reverse engineer your work and re-sell it, but I doubt he's that good of a developer. He's good at analyzing existing data structures and finding how they interact, but I can't think of anything he ever contributed that he designed from scratch.
    Last edited by eolesen; 12-13-2020 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post
    He probably tried to reverse engineer your work and re-sell it, but I doubt he's that good of a developer. He's good at analyzing existing data structures and finding how they interact, but I can't think of anything he ever contributed that he designed from scratch.
    I have send him TSRE source code with license to modify and redistribute it even before it went open source, but indeed it is very difficult software to understand.