Thread: Openrails U2020.12.13-1851 broken or no longer compatible with MONON2 v17?

Default Openrails U2020.12.13-1851 broken or no longer compatible with MONON2 v17?

Ok, so I just updated my OpenRails to the latest unstable version, and can no longer load into this route.
    The previous save I was going to continue didn't work, so I deleted it and tried to start a new one. Same thing.

After choosing the map, loco and consist, I click the single player start. It loads up to about 80% or so, and then that window closes and goes back to the map/loco/consist window. No errors given. Even though logging is enabled, it does not appear to be creating log files (at least, in the AppData/Roaming/Open Rails folder), so unless the log files have been moved elsewhere, I have nothing to provide....

Is anyone else having issues with this version and/or map in this version?

Edit: Ok, not just this map, won't load into MSTS default Marias Pass, either, with the same behavior.
    Last edited by StoneC0ld; 12-13-2020 at 04:14 PM.

Welcome to unstable releases...

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Mactier runs fine here.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cheers
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by StoneC0ld View Post
    Ok, so I just updated my OpenRails to the latest unstable version, and can no longer load into this route.
    The previous save I was going to continue didn't work, so I deleted it and tried to start a new one. Same thing.

... Even though logging is enabled, it does not appear to be creating log files (at least, in the AppData/Roaming/Open Rails folder), so unless the log files have been moved elsewhere, I have nothing to provide....

Is anyone else having issues with this version and/or map in this version?
    Just tried Monon-2 V17 with Unstable U2020.12.13-1851 -- route opens and operates okay. Not quite sure what you mean by "map" - Dispatch Viewer window perhaps....that works okay also. No problems. The OR log by default is generated on your desktop.

From the manual:
    7.19 OpenRailsLog.txt Log file
    When the Logging option in the main window is checked, a log file named OpenRailsLog.txt file is generated.
    This file contains rich information about the execution of the game session, allowing identification
    of critical problems. This file should always be attached to requests of support in case of problems.
    The contents of the file are often self-explanatory, and therefore can be evaluated by the same contents
    developer. It includes reports of various errors in the MSTS files which are ignored by OR, including
    missing sound files, unrecognized terms in some files, etc. Selecting the Experimental Option Show shape
    warnings allows OR to report errors found in shape files in the log file. It includes also reports about
    malfunctions in the gaming session, such as trains passing red signals, as well as OR malfunctions.
    Last edited by R. Steele; 12-13-2020 at 07:57 PM.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Just updated my OR to the U2020.12.13-1851.

First problem, there is a drop of about 10FPS using the Seaboard route comparing with version U2020.10.13-0651.

Under "Tools/Trackviewer" I get an error on all the routes I have installed.

Route test was done with the "Default" Intel HD630 graphics. W10 no more has the option to "Run with graphic processor", so I will arrange to run OR with the NVIDIA card and will see what happens.

EDIT: No FPS drop using the NVIDIA card.
    Last edited by lucho2; 12-14-2020 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Update data.

Quote Originally Posted by lucho2 View Post
    Just updated my OR to the U2020.12.13-1851.

Under "Tools/Trackviewer" I get an error on all the routes I have installed.
    Ahhh.. "map" = trackviewer...yes that was a bug that has already been reported and corrected. If you need to use the trackviewer - for making paths ...you'll have to use either a monogame version or another unstable version. As to the small drop in fps...could be anything, the tile that you started on was loaded...car spawners...anything. Recommend trying monogame, as eventually OR will be migrating to the monogame engine. If you do try a monogame version, also do some research on using ReShade with monogame OR...there are threads here about this...you'll notice a marked improvement in the visual ( "eyecandy" ) aspect of Open Rails.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

I don't know what I did, but it's fixed itself.... Only possible thing I could have done that fixed it was reboot the PC; other than that, I have no idea but it's working again....

And sorry, by "map", I meant "route"....