Thread: MBTA Red Line

Default MBTA Red Line

I have been working slowly but surely on my Boston Cambridge Dorchester / Red Line MBTA route. Here are some shots:
    Cabot Yard.jpg
    Cabot Yard with the downtown Boston skyline in the background
    Columbia Jct.jpg
    Columbia Jct where the Ashmont and South Shore branches diverge
    Neponset River.jpg
    Crossing the Neponset River into Quincy
    north quincy.jpg
    North Quincy station. This is where I am currently working, still under construction.

Nice job! I can tell exactly where I am!
    Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by conductorchris View Post
    Nice job! I can tell exactly where I am!
    Christopher
    Yep, me too!

Cheers,
    Dave

Great work! What are you using for rolling stock?

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by frliss View Post
    Great work! What are you using for rolling stock?

Fred
    Well I don't have any authentic stock right now. The trains in the screen shots use a reskin of the Kuju/MSTS Series 2000 done by George Kenson to represent the 01500 - 01700 original south shore cars. For the Ashmont branch activities which I set in the early 1960's I am using NYC IND R4 cars to represent the 0600 / 0700 Cambridge Dorchester number 1 - number 4 cars which ran from the opening of the subway up until 1963. These are my personal favorites as I moved to Dorchester in 1962 and rode them every day to school. So there is no authentic stock for these lines right now and I have no experience building rolling stock, maybe I'll just have to bite the bullet and learn.

Oh I almost forgot the Mattapan Ashmont trolley for which there are several PCC models in the library appropriate for that line. I will have to post some screen shots of that branch now that I am almost done with its scenery. I also have a bit of the ex NHRR Old Colony and the Milton branch for which there is plenty of NHRR stock available.

A while ago there was a member of this board Steve Thomas (user name mestevet) who was working on the 1963 Pullman Standard "Bluebirds" (014000 series) but I don't believe he ever finished that project and he does not seem to be active on the board lately. I have tried to PM him without success.