Thread: What is Trainz Plus?

Default What is Trainz Plus?

An ad came in the email for Trainz Plus and I can't figure out what the PLUS is. Is this like a subscription thing? - Rich

Google is your friend...

https://www.trainzportal.com/blog/vi...nz-plus-update

Quote Originally Posted by rgarber View Post
    An ad came in the email for Trainz Plus and I can't figure out what the PLUS is. Is this like a subscription thing? - Rich
    Dave Edwards

Basically Rich it's a kind of pay as you go access to the programme, Netflix for Trainz. The drawback is that if you decide to cancel the subscription you keep nothing, not even the base programme.
    Vern.

Thanks Vern. That's why I was asking if it's a subscription based thing or not cause of that very thing you wrote. I'd be curious to find out if that subscription based service they have is useful to Auran or not.

Quote Originally Posted by rgarber View Post
    Thanks Vern. That's why I was asking if it's a subscription based thing or not cause of that very thing you wrote. I'd be curious to find out if that subscription based service they have is useful to Auran or not.
    They seem to push it an awful lot. Guess it's a guaranteed revenue stream (until people cancel) vs. a one off purchase of $75/£60 but like most subscription services you will at some point pay more than if you bought the programme outright.
    Vern.

Subscription membership is flexible. I am on Gold, which gives me Trainz Plus, but i only have to sign up for a month at a time.

This month expires on 28th Dec, my membership at the moment is under cancellation.

So it will expire on that date, unless i revoke the cancellation. But i still get all the benefits of Gold membership, up to and including that date.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    They seem to push it an awful lot. Guess it's a guaranteed revenue stream (until people cancel) vs. a one off purchase of $75/£60 but like most subscription services you will at some point pay more than if you bought the programme outright.
    That's the main reason I never do subscriptions on anything. Kind of defeats the point of getting it "cheap" if in the long run you end up paying more, like a lot more if you figure the length x subscription. I could see the sense of such a thing if you want to try it out and then buy it outright. The very few times I ever did a subscription always ended up in totals over a hundred or more dollars.

Wait a second here... this thread seems to have shrunk a little. If I recall I responded to this post like it "hurts to ask", and I can't find it or any of the other subsequent responses. Seems we have a little tyranny going on here. You should've deleted this post too if you felt the heat was getting a little too hot in the kitchen.

You are correct Rich. I noticed my own post in the thread suddenly disappeared the following day.
    Dell desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GT710 2GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver.