Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Graphics Card Suggestion

Default Looking for Graphics Card Suggestion

Hey Buddy,

I'm new in this group and wanted to build my first gaming PC for gaming and video editing works (I'm thinking to start my own channel).

As I'm a student, I'm not able to spend much on PC Parts so I'm confused about which graphics card should I choose in my build?

Here is my build which I'm thinking to buy, please guide me is this graphics card okay for my build? And please help me in reducing the cost of my build.

PC Builder Part List: https://pcbuilder.net/rigs/h6LlfU/

1. Processor: Intel Core i7-9700K, 8 Cores & 8 Threads Unlocked Desktop Processor with Intel UHD Graphics 630 ($269.00 @ Amazon US)

2. Motherboard: MSI Z390-A PRO LGA1151 (Intel 8th and 9th Gen) M.2 USB 3.1 Gen 2 DDR4 HDMI DP CFX Dual Gigabit LAN ATX Z390 Gaming Motherboard ($119.99 @ Amazon US)

3. CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition CPU Air Cooler, SF120R RGB Fan, 4 CD 2.0 Heatpipes, Anodized Gun-Metal Black, Brushed Nickel Fins, RGB Lighting ($39.00 @ Amazon US)

4. Case: NZXT H510 - CA-H510B-W1 - Compact ATX Mid-Tower PC Gaming Case - Front I/O USB Type-C Port - Tempered Glass Side Panel - Cable Management System - Water-Cooling Ready ($62.99 @ Amazon US)

5. Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 KO Ultra Gaming, 6GB GDDR6, Dual Fans ($741.99 @ Amazon US)

6. RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series, 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-4266MHz 288-Pin SDRAM Desktop Memory with CL19 ($199.99 @ Amazon US)

7. Storage: Samsung EVO 970 1TB PCIe Gen3 x4 NVMe M.2-2280 Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND Technology & 1024MB Cache ($139.99 @ Amazon US)

8. Power Supply: Corsair CX 650 Series, 80+ Bronze Certified 650W Modular Power Supply ($79.99 @ Amazon US)

Total: $1,653
    Generated by PC Builder on 22nd of December, 2020

If you want to do anything with MSTS, an Nvidia card is the easiest to deal with. Any modern Nvidia card will do for MSTS. Make your decision based on the most demanding game(s) you expect to run. An RTX 2060 like you mention is fine for a wide range of uses.

MSTS-Roundhouse

On hiatus and moving to a new host -- Probably in 2021
    (Because 2020 has turned out to be b0rked beyond belief...
    )

Good Choices-
    I can't get you any cheaper butt
    Based solely on "my experience" with building my own gaming PC's for the last fifteen years. I will give you my take FWIW
    I have alot of similar components and have had years of trouble free running with them , Props out to MSI/Corsair/Nvidea/Intel/
    mastercooler/samsung evo's

Video card- nivida is now on "30" series which is a better card for the money. an rtx 3070 is the same price and is a better/newer card

"I" would try to get a larger PSU, and if you can add a lil bit more ram, 16g of ram is cutting it real close.
    -Master cooler air cooling is gr8, Butt if you want to get even higher clock speeds consider liquid cooling options.
    -MSI has a free program called "afterburner" it is super easy to use and lets you control fan speeds and overclocking of your GPU as well as real time monitoring of every facet of your rig such as cpu temp/gpu temp/cpu speed/gpu speed/cpu usage/FPS/ram usage/ram speed etc.
    Speaking of MSI, On my Carbon pro mb , on the bios screen it has a real user friendly easy way to over clock cpu and ram as well as set up fan curves for cpu so you can get the most out of your rig, I'm thinking that your msi board will have the same features.
    Money saving- Check prices out at
    https://www.microcenter.com/
    https://www.newegg.com/
    Don't forget bout Ebay
    sounds like your off to a gr8 start good luck with it!

I also don't support cheap on as well. But you price is looking good comparing with other vendors.

I built a similar rig with the same motherboard and power supply a few months ago but with an i5 9400F for the CPU and carried my RX580 Pulse 8GB GPU over. I'm happy with my purchase and decided to go with Intel this time because I've been an AMD user for the past decade and was sick of the terrible gaming performance and high temperatures on my FX CPU. With that said however, I'd advise you look into maybe a Ryzen CPU instead. It seems that the tables are really starting to turn in AMD's favor with regards to gaming performance while Intel appears to be lagging behind. Could even save you some money over the i7.

If you stick with Intel though I've had absolutely no complaints regarding my Z390-A PRO.

Quote Originally Posted by EricF View Post
    If you want to do anything with MSTS, an Nvidia card is the easiest to deal with. Any modern Nvidia card will do for MSTS. Make your decision based on the most demanding game(s) you expect to run. An RTX 2060 like you mention is fine for a wide range of uses.
    Yeah, very good idea. Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by BNSF4723 View Post
    I built a similar rig with the same motherboard and power supply a few months ago but with an i5 9400F for the CPU and carried my RX580 Pulse 8GB GPU over. I'm happy with my purchase and decided to go with Intel this time because I've been an AMD user for the past decade and was sick of the terrible gaming performance and high temperatures on my FX CPU. With that said however, I'd advise you look into maybe a Ryzen CPU instead. It seems that the tables are really starting to turn in AMD's favor with regards to gaming performance while Intel appears to be lagging behind. Could even save you some money over the i7.

If you stick with Intel though I've had absolutely no complaints regarding my Z390-A PRO.
    Have seen some random complaints at Tom's Hardware about the new Zen3 Ryzens with the stock cooler having temperature problems, even at stock clock speeds. You might want to invest in a more robust cooler than the stock one that comes in the box (with the Ryzen 5 5600X which seems to be in the sweet spot right now, if you can find one other than from a scalper on eBay for a ridiculous price). If you go for a higher model (Ryzen 7 or 9) you'll have to buy a separate cooler anyway because the models that have >65W rated power don't come with one (channeling Intel, I guess).

I have an open question to all. I would like to download drivers from the Internet. And obviously I prefer free sources. I found a few of them and this one https://windowsmaximizer.com/driver/updates/ looks better and reliable. What do you suggest?

NEVER download drivers from anywhere else other than the manufacturer.

What drivers are you after?
    Cheers
    Derek

Echoing and emphasizing Derek. NEVER NEVER get drivers from anyplace other than the manufacturer. There are rare occasions when drivers from Microsoft might work, but even there expect them to be out of date; MS can, though, be useful when the OEM has abandoned the device (such as HP's practice with printers and scanners, after a year or 2), but typically doesn't make all of the device's features available.

Those "driver maximizer" websites are, at best, a waste of time (older driver versions, if they're legit at all), and mostly seem to be a place for malware distribution.

If you have a name-brand computer (Dell, HP, etc.), you need to use their drivers, since they are often tweaked to work with brand-specific hardware. For generics, try the underlying hardware manufacturer (the motherboard maker, Intel, AMD, nVidia, Realtek, etc.).