Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Assist request with AI Horn Blowing

BF3 ACT.zip

Here you go, Carlo! I've tried adjusting the wait point to different distances from the grade crossing, but I just can't get the AI train to get a clear signal. I remove the wait point, and the signal is clear as the AI train approaches the siding.
    Last edited by qballbandit; 12-28-2020 at 03:13 PM.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Hi Neil,
    I find only the .act and the .asv files in your .zip file. I need at least also the path file of the AI train to perform a test (better would be path files for AI train and player train, service files for them and traffic file).

My apologies, here you have them all.
    I appreciate your assistance very much!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Neil

Your supplied files are working just fine here. Testing 275. About 8 seconds of horn + bell then probably 24 more seconds of bell for the max of 30. The only edits via notepad were to the two services files to change out consists to some I already had on hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykw95lgJYIw

Modified AI path producing the entire sequence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-9A05-Kvmw
    Attached Files Attached Files

The same here: horn is blown and train passes signal. By the way it probably couldn't be otherwise, because looking at the sigscr.dat and sigcfg.dat files there is no signal having a STOP state. Neil, maybe you have different sigscr.dat and sigcfg.dat files? Could you attach them?

The just appeared OR NewYear MG rev. 86 adds a new feature for AI train horn blows: the horn blow sequence (long honk - long honk - short honk - very long honk) as usual in the USA.
    To get this horn blow sequence there are two different possibilities, like now for the single blow:

- inserting line
    Code:
    		ORTSAIHornAtCrossings ( 2 )
    in .act files after line
    Code:
    		NextActivityObjectUID ( 32768 )
    will cause the AI trains to generate a sequence of horn blows before railroad crossings;
    - inserting a WP with value of 60021 in a path will cause the AI train to generate a sequence of horn blows after that WP.

Hmm wonder if that works on the latest testing version too..
    Dell desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GT710 2GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver.

To answer my own question - No, just the same single blow. Must get around to installing MG soon...
    Dell desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GT710 2GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver.

Thanks all, just getting back to seeing the replies.
    First, yes - there is one difference between my route and the one released to the public - mine is signaled, so there would be different scripts. That said, is it worth me looking at the above attachments, or would you like to see my scripts?
    And Carlo - I need to go get that latest version of MG, as the long/long/short/long sounds fantastic!
    Hope you all had a pleasant New Year.
    Neil