Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest version of Monogame

Gandangara Estate, Sutherland Shire. N.S.W, Australia.

Default Latest version of Monogame

Hi

where can I download the latest version of Open Rails Mongame from?

All the links I found on ET do not work.

Thanks

Daniel
    Daniel - Sydney (wishing I was in Townsville)

I just downloaded MG v83 off ET today with no issues.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Thanks Derek

your support of MSTS/OR is really appreciated.

Regards

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

MG is all Carlo's work, not mine.
    I just find some bugs for him!
    Cheers
    Derek

G'day all, I use the latest unstable of OpenRails, these days there is rarely any errors and you are up to date. Can some one please tell me what is "Monogame" and how does it differ from the main OpenRails. I am curious and may give it a try and see how it goes.
    Regards
    Barrie

Quote Originally Posted by derekmorton View Post
    Hi Daniel,

MG is all Carlo's work, not mine.
    I just find some bugs for him!
    Hi Derek

I was referring to the many times you have helped me and others with
    advice.

Regards

Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin1812 View Post
    G'day all, I use the latest unstable of OpenRails, these days there is rarely any errors and you are up to date. Can some one please tell me what is "Monogame" and how does it differ from the main OpenRails. I am curious and may give it a try and see how it goes.
    Regards
    Barrie
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MonoGame

Eventually OR will switch to Monogame as the main "trunk" of the code. It's the game engine that OR will use, enabling OR to use more graphic capabilities and new file formats. I believe James Ross has been performing all the tasks required to switch Open Rails to Monogame. At the same time developer Carlo Santucci started a branch of the code already using Monogame, he built upon previous monogame work by another OR developer ( I cannot recall the name ). In certain regards both the Unstable and Monogame versions of OR are aligned...that's all I know.

Using the monogame version also allows the user to use ReShade https://reshade.me/ which is a post processing injector which allows the user to modify the graphic presentation of OR to suit their individual tastes. That's a wonderful benefit.

That's all the blah blah hot air that I can exhale on the subject...there are far more qualified users to post on the subject.
    Needless to state --- Monogame is the future of OR and eventually it will be the main downloadable OR program.
    (Everything I've posted is subject to correction or clarification by anyone who actually knows what they are talking about....maybe Carlo will see this thread )
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

OR Monogame also allows you to go beyond 4 gb of memory. When making activities, this allows you to use all unique cars in your consists and fill your yards with cars and engines. I have a series of activities that end up using over 20 of the 24 gb memory on my computer.

Bert

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MonoGame

Eventually OR will switch to Monogame as the main "trunk" of the code. It's the game engine that OR will use, enabling OR to use more graphic capabilities and new file formats. I believe James Ross has been performing all the tasks required to switch Open Rails to Monogame. At the same time developer Carlo Santucci started a branch of the code already using Monogame, he built upon previous monogame work by another OR developer ( I cannot recall the name ). In certain regards both the Unstable and Monogame versions of OR are aligned...that's all I know.
    The other OR developer is Peter Gulyas (gpz).

Currently the Stable and Testing versions of Open Rails use Microsoft XNA graphics.
    The Unstable version uses MonoGame graphics and, as soon as the graphics work is complete, the code will migrate into the Testing version.

I expect, soon after that, we will issue an new Stable version (1.4).
    Chris Jakeman