Thread: New gaming computer/pc ans msts please?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New gaming computer/pc ans msts please?

HI everybody, me again after a long absence.

Compliments of the Season to all, given the present Covid Circumstances.

I Have Purchased a new Gaming Computer/PC and am wondering if my old Microsoft Train Simulator (Xplosive Edition) Will work.

Or will there be Issues with things like Graphics, Sound and Settings etc, etc,

Many thanks

Paul.

Maybe this would be a good time to make a clean break from a 20 year old program and try Open Rails. It will be able to run all of your old routes but has many enhancements and better performance than the old MSTS. Just my $.02.

If you do decide to stick with MSTS, be sure to check out the installation procedures documented elsewhere on this site or Steam4me about not installing to C:\program files, etc. I presume you have Win10 on the new machine.

https://msts.steam4me.net/tutorials/...ling_msts.html

Jon

Hi Jon, thanks for reply.

Yes, Windowsq10, already planning on using Open Rails, but was wondering about older MSTS Rolling Stock.

Many thanks

Paul.

Anything that's related to MSTS... routes, rolling stock,. etc will work on Open Rails... A lot easier and more realism...

Check it out...

Quote Originally Posted by pcohen View Post
    Hi Jon, thanks for reply.

Yes, Windowsq10, already planning on using Open Rails, but was wondering about older MSTS Rolling Stock.

Many thanks

Paul.
    Dave Edwards

As an old-time user of MSTS back in the early years of this century who then returned to it after an absence of 15 years, I can confirm that Open Rails is indeed the best to use...
    Last edited by dedwa15237; 12-29-2020 at 11:02 AM. Reason: profanity....really?
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Hi Dave & nikak, thanks very much for your replies.

I am assuming that MSTS must still be Installed for Open Rails to Run, Is this correct please?

Thanks

Paul.