Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New gaming computer/pc ans msts please?

Default New gaming computer/pc ans msts please?

HI everybody, me again after a long absence.

Compliments of the Season to all, given the present Covid Circumstances.

I Have Purchased a new Gaming Computer/PC and am wondering if my old Microsoft Train Simulator (Xplosive Edition) Will work.

Or will there be Issues with things like Graphics, Sound and Settings etc, etc,

Many thanks

Paul.

Maybe this would be a good time to make a clean break from a 20 year old program and try Open Rails. It will be able to run all of your old routes but has many enhancements and better performance than the old MSTS. Just my $.02.

If you do decide to stick with MSTS, be sure to check out the installation procedures documented elsewhere on this site or Steam4me about not installing to C:\program files, etc. I presume you have Win10 on the new machine.

https://msts.steam4me.net/tutorials/...ling_msts.html

Jon

Hi Jon, thanks for reply.

Yes, Windowsq10, already planning on using Open Rails, but was wondering about older MSTS Rolling Stock.

Many thanks

Paul.

Anything that's related to MSTS... routes, rolling stock,. etc will work on Open Rails... A lot easier and more realism...

Check it out...

Quote Originally Posted by pcohen View Post
    Hi Jon, thanks for reply.

Yes, Windowsq10, already planning on using Open Rails, but was wondering about older MSTS Rolling Stock.

Many thanks

Paul.
    Dave Edwards

As an old-time user of MSTS back in the early years of this century who then returned to it after an absence of 15 years, I can confirm that Open Rails is indeed the best to use...
    Last edited by dedwa15237; 12-29-2020 at 12:02 PM. Reason: profanity....really?
    Dell desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GT710 2GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver.

Hi Dave & nikak, thanks very much for your replies.

I am assuming that MSTS must still be Installed for Open Rails to Run, Is this correct please?

Thanks

Paul.

My understanding is that Open Rails needs some of the folders contained in MSTS. I stand to be corrected...
    Dell desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GT710 2GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver.

Paul,

The only reasons you need MSTS installed are if you want to use the content, Trains/Routes etc.
    And there are a lot of older routes that have an installme.bat that copies content from the default routes.
    And there are also a few older utilities like RouteRiter and a couple more that want to see the MSTS entries in the registry.
    I would install it just to have these but it's totally up to you.
    ORTS doesn't have to have MSTS installed.

Randy

Hi Randy, thanks for that.

Now seem to be having a problem with Ytracks01 & Ytracks02 installation, don't seem to be playing ball.

thanks

Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by pcohen View Post
    Hi Randy, thanks for that.

Now seem to be having a problem with Ytracks01 & Ytracks02 installation, don't seem to be playing ball.

thanks

Paul.
    What is the path you are installing Ytracks to?

Also note that Ytracks01 installs Tsection 23. You will need to update to current Tsection after installing.
    Charles