Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Route Locator

Default Route Locator

Hello there,

I am new to the Open Rails scheme and have been curiously wondering the internet for some of the following addons for a while now

Pacific Surfliner Route with Amtrak, Metrolink and Coaster Bi-Levels

Amtrak Horizon And Amfleet Coaches and NPCU

Horseshoe Curve Route

CSX M&M Subdivision

If anyone can help me locate these that’d be amazing

Pacific Surfliner Route with Amtrak, Metrolink and Coaster Bi-Levels

Was payware and is no longer available anywhere. At least anywhere safe to surf.

The rolling stock was created by 3dTrains and was repackaged and is available there.

CSX M&M Subdivision is in MM.zip here at T-S. Search for Montgomery.

Horseshoe Curve Route ?????????????? Have you even searched the file library here?
    Search your self.
    Last edited by crstagg; 12-24-2020 at 03:39 PM.
    Charles

I’ve found the Surfliner set on 3DTrains but not the Coaster or Metrolink sets,

I’ve found the other two fine

But I’m still missing the Amfleet and Horizon Coaches and NPCU on here

If you purchase the Surfliner set from 3DTrains, the Coaster and Metrolink trainsets are included as a bonus.

Ah okay, that explains so much now

I do also have another question.

I’m guessing this company went out of business. But whatever happened to Streamlines?

They became https://www.trainsimulations.net/ and sell content exclusively for Open Rails

That’s a shame, really wanted their Horseshoe Curve Trainsets

The high-quality Surfliner, Metrolink, and Coaster trainsets, as noted, are available from 3DTrains. There are Bombardier cars painted for Metrolink of lesser quality, F59 and F59PHi locomotives (and MPI, though not in Metrolink paint), and Rotem Metrolink sets in the file library here - you will need to be persistent with the search engine, which doesn't work as well as, say, Google.

Amtrak Amfleet 1 cars were part of the default stock in MSTS. If you get MSTS, you will get them. There are some updates for them in the file library that look and work better. Likewise Superliner cars.

Horizon cars and NPCU are in the file library. They are NALW production, so a little old, and the Horizons were originally for their Boston commuter train sets, but I think Amtrak-painted versions are in the library. NPCU painted for Surfliner may not be there, and it's based on (if not issued by) NALW as part of their F40 collection. NALW stuff was good for its time, but the .eng files need some fairly comprehensive tweaking to work well in Open Rails. Again, the file library search is not the easiest to use, but that's the way to find things.
    Last edited by mikeebb; 12-26-2020 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacky3663 View Post
    That’s a shame, really wanted their Horseshoe Curve Trainsets
    Have you trolled through trainsimulations' web site? They have a lot of stuff that could be used on Horseshoe Curve (presume you're looking at the Horseshoe curve route or possibly the PRR-ER Eastern Region routes in the file library here?). They also have some fairly complete Amtrak trainsets, including Horizon stock, for quite reasonable prices.