Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: probably a silly Question again?

Default probably a silly Question again?

Should this be in my Open Rails Content Page, more importantly what is It please.

Open Rails Train Simulator - ZZ C:\ Open Rails Train Simulator - ZZ

Have been experimenting with Siskiyou Route but not aware that It was working yet. Or should it be in MSTS Please.

Many thanks

Paul.

Siskiyou Route Isn't working correctly anyway.

Scenery is very drab, Roads and Traffic are displayed but there are no Railway Tracks displayed.

The Following Is Installed as per Instructions:

ScaleRail_Base ScaleRail, ScaleRail_Update_177a , ScaleRoad, SView1_3_129

But nothing seems to be happening as Usual.

Thanks

Paul.
    Last edited by pcohen; 01-01-2021 at 09:00 AM. Reason: wrong

Quote Originally Posted by pcohen View Post
    Should this be in my Open Rails Content Page, more importantly what is It please.

Have been experimenting with Siskiyou Route but not aware that It was working yet. Or should it be in MSTS Please.

Many thanks

Paul.
    Isn't that the AUS NSW ZZ route?
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Hi niknak, thanks for reply.

Really don't have a clue, not seen it before, strange as it may seem? cannot find it anywhere else. Must have appeared from somewhere.

thanks

Paul,

Scenery is very drab, Roads and Traffic are displayed but there are no Railway Tracks displayed.

Thanks

Paul.
    The Siskiyou Route is a work in progress. Dale releases updates as his excellent work progresses. You will find the work to be meticulous, with equipment and activities included...however, some parts of the route are still being planted by the head landscaper ( also named Dale )! I have not installed the latest updates, so I cannot address your question about the tracks, you'd have to be more specific as to location, however, it could be you are missing some textures?

I don't understand your differentiation between OR and MSTS. If you are primarily running MSTS you can still install the OR simulator ( to for instance C:\OpenRails ) and using the OR Content tab point OR to your MSTS installation ( C:\MSTS). If you also have routes that are specifically designed for OR you could install those to this location C:\OR ROUTES\ ... making sure to follow the basic folder structure that is outlined in Chapters 4 & 5 of the manual, specifcally folder structure is "4.4 Using a Non-MSTS Folder Structure".
    Of course you will choose folder names that make sense to you, I give examples only.

"ZZ" ( zig zag railway ) sounds like this route for Open Rails found here https://www.zigzag.coalstonewcastle.com.au/
    Last edited by R. Steele; 01-01-2021 at 12:24 PM.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Many thanks

Paul.
    That is the Zig Zag Railway that you probably downloaded from the ORTS Home page with the OR starter kit. It installs into its Own, separate from any other MSTS/ORTS installation.
    Charles

Thanks

Paul.
    What is your Path to the Siskiyou Route? As in X:\MSTS\ROUTES\Siskiyou or C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\ROUTES\Siskiyou. I placed mine in a separate install: A:\Siskiyou\Routes\Siskiyou

Where did you install ScaleRail to? It should have been to the Global folder and you should find this sub folder X:\(Your Install)\Global\ScaleRail
    Charles

Sorry Guys, seem to be getting Two Routes Mixed up together here!

Thanks

Paul.

Hi Charles, thanks for reply and apologies for late reply.

I have Two options that I use. Most of my MSTS content Since the arrival of Windows 10 usually Works OK in C:\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator (DO NOT USE PROGRAM FILES (x86) ) The following Routes, MONON-2, Scottish Central, PRR_EAST_REG-2 & Thames Trent Version 3 I have installed into Drive C: as Single Routes

I have tried all ways to Install Siskiyou Route over the last few Days but with no luck, hitting a brick wall every time.

What am I doing wrong please.

Many thanks

Paul.

When you don't tell us what is wrong after running the install, how do you expect us to tell you what you did wrong and how to do it right?
    Charles