Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: probably a silly Question again?

Hi Charles, think there's a mix up here, as previously said " The Route is working But there are no Railway tracks being displayed."

Road and Road traffic are working OK. Scenery is a bit bland but given to understand It is a work in Progress.

Scale Rail is installed and displayed in the Global Folder. also Xtracks and YTracks Are Installed.

Not sure what else to Do?

Thanks

Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by pcohen View Post
    Hi Charles, think there's a mix up here, as previously said " The Route is working But there are no Railway tracks being displayed."

Road and Road traffic are working OK. Scenery is a bit bland but given to understand It is a work in Progress.

Scale Rail is installed and displayed in the Global Folder. also Xtracks and YTracks Are Installed.

Not sure what else to Do?

Thanks

Paul.
    Since you say that there is a ScaleRail folder in your Global folder, then my first thought is that a version of Tsection.dat version 52 or newer did not get copied to your Global folder. Or you installed XorY tracks after ScaleRail and they overwrote Tsection with an OLDER version. (Ytracks includes a VERY old version of Tsection.dat.)

Get the current Tsection.dat and install it to your global folder.
    Last edited by crstagg; 01-04-2021 at 09:59 AM.
    Charles

Hi Charles again.

Cannot seem to find the latest TSection Data to Download but My Computer is telling me I already have the Latest Tsection.dat so not sure whether I should Copy and Paste it from elsewhere or indeed whether I would be copying the Correct Version.

Thanks

Paul.

Hi Charles again.

Cannot seem to find the latest TSection Data to Download but My Computer is telling me I already have the Latest Tsection.dat so not sure whether I should Copy and Paste it from elsewhere or indeed whether I would be copying the Correct Version.

Thanks

Paul.
    ??? Never had my computer tell me I had the latest version of Tsection.dat installed. Have had it ask if I wanted to overwrite one dated 1/1/2019 with one dated 1/1/2010. The only way to really tell is to open the file and look at the third line. Should look like this: _INFO ( Build 00052 )
    Siskiyou requires #52 or greater. The current one in the library here is #54 in tsection54.zip

One other test. Open your X:\(Your install that has Siskiyou)\Global\SHAPES folder and look for the file SR_1tBrg_c_005m.s
    Charles

Hi Charles again.

"Open your X:\(Your install that has Siskiyou)\Global\SHAPES folder and look for the file SR_1tBrg_c_005m.s"

Sorry, nothing even remotely close!

Thanks

Paul.

Hi Charles again.

"Open your X:\(Your install that has Siskiyou)\Global\SHAPES folder and look for the file SR_1tBrg_c_005m.s"

Sorry, nothing even remotely close!

Thanks

Paul.
    Then you did not install ScaleRail correctly. BUT what is not close? Is the X:\(Your install that has Siskiyou)\Global\SHAPES folder present? Or you did not find the file in X:\(Your install that has Siskiyou)\Global\SHAPES? Are there ANY SRX:\(Your install that has Siskiyou)\Global\SHAPES_*********.** files in the folder? BTW sorted alphabetically the SR_1tBrg_c_005m.s file would be the first SR_********.** file in the list.

If your answers are NO and NO:
    Go to
    http://www.3dtrains.com/forums/index.php/topic/18310-scalerail-public-beta-v177/ and download:
    ScaleRail v1.77 - File Size: 66.9Mb Basic ScaleRail track shapes.
    and
    ScaleRail 177a Update- File Size: 678Kb Corrected animation in dummy switches
    and
    Required: Common Textures - File Size: 3.2Mb
    Install in sequence.
    Then go to http://www.3dtrains.com/forums/index...lic-beta-v177/ and download:
    ScaleRoad v1.77 - Updated: 12.15.10
    Install. Note: The ScaleRail/ScaleRoad installers read your registry for your MSTS path you will probably need to edit the path the installer is pointed to to go to the install you have Siskiyou installed in.

Now see if you have tracks in Siskiyou.
    Charles

Scalerail requires textures to be installed to the routes Textures folder. Did you do that?

Maybe you should post your openrails.log for us to review? The answers are likely there.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post
    Scalerail requires textures to be installed to the routes Textures folder. Did you do that?

Maybe you should post your openrails.log for us to review? The answers are likely there.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    The ScaleRail Textures come with the route.
    Charles