Thread: Caboose from SLI Green River route does not show in ORTS

Default Caboose from SLI Green River route does not show in ORTS

I purchased SLI's Green River route years ago when it was released. Today I noticed that the DRGW caboose that came with the route (...\SLI_GreenRiver_Freight\RG_Widevision_Caboose. wag) does not show up in Open Rails. It shows in the TSRE consist editor but when I add it to a consist it is just invisible in the simulation. I tried different releases of Open Rails but that did not make a difference. The .con file looks normal. Next I replaced the DRGW cabooses's .wag file with that from a SLI BN caboose (which shows up fine in ORTS), making the necessary adjustments in the .wag file so it points to the DRGW caboose's shape file, but still no luck. I assume the problem must lie in the DRGW caboose's shape file. I uncompressed the shape file and looked for any strange characters, like /, \, [, or ], but found nothing.

I don't know if this issue has been discussed before or if anybody has found a fix for it. Any help would be appreciated.

Uli

Oops, I should have looked in the Open Rails log file first. It says:
    Warning: 'C:\1MSTS\trains\trainset\SLI_GREENRIVER_FREIGHT\o penrails\..\..\Common.inc\Fleet\Standard_Freight_B rakes.inc' not found in C:\1MSTS\trains\trainset\SLI_GREENRIVER_FREIGHT\op enrails\RG_Widevision_Caboose.wag:line 5

(Ignore the spaces in the warning, they are not present in the original log file.)

The issue comes from an Open Rails conversion kit for the Green River I installed some time ago. The caboose .wag file that came with the kit calls for a file "Standard_Freight_Brakes.inc" that was not included in the kit. Now I only have to find out where to get this include file ...

Quote Originally Posted by uli2 View Post
    Oops, I should have looked in the Open Rails log file first. It says:
    Warning: 'C:\1MSTS\trains\trainset\SLI_GREENRIVER_FREIGHT\o penrails\..\..\Common.inc\Fleet\Standard_Freight_B rakes.inc' not found in C:\1MSTS\trains\trainset\SLI_GREENRIVER_FREIGHT\op enrails\RG_Widevision_Caboose.wag:line 5

(Ignore the spaces in the warning, they are not present in the original log file.)

The issue comes from an Open Rails conversion kit for the Green River I installed some time ago. The caboose .wag file that came with the kit calls for a file "Standard_Freight_Brakes.inc" that was not included in the kit. Now I only have to find out where to get this include file ...
    Right you are...I did goof and forgot to include the "Standard_Freight_Brakes.inc" in the kit. So here it is.
    Common.inc.zip

You'd also be well advised to substitute the Version Two OR standard engine files for the engine files that were packaged with this kit. They are in the file library. "orts_std_eng_ver2.zip" and the upgrades/updates "orts_std_eng_ver2_updates.zip"

Once these are installed in the common.inc folder in the "Locomotives" folder all you need do is to change the following line in the OpenRails folder found in the engine files.

For example:
    Code:
    include ( "..\\DRGW_GP30_3002.eng" )
    Wagon (
    	include ( "..\\..\\Common.inc\\Locomotives\\Std_TypeF_Coupler.inc" )
    	include ( "..\\..\\Common.inc\\Locomotives\\Std_Loco_Brakes.inc" )
    	ORTSAdhesion ( ORTSCurtius_Kniffler ( 7.5 44 0.161 0.7 ) )
    	ORTSAdhesion ( ORTSSlipWarningThreshold ( 70 ) )
    	ORTSBearingType ( Roller )
    	ORTSDavis_A ( 1267.48 )
    	ORTSDavis_B ( 38.7950 )
    	ORTSDavis_C ( 4.916336 )
    	Comment( == Assumptions -Locomotive diesel/electric - speed - 65mph (105km/h), Roller Bearing, 6 axles, frontal area - 9.5m2, WagonWeight - 117.9 ton (metric), Drag 0.90 == )
    )
    Engine (
    	Effects (
    		DieselSpecialEffects (
    			Exhaust1 (
    			0 4.95 1.12
    			0 1 0
    			)
    		)
    	)
    	include ( "..\\..\\Common.inc\\Locomotives\\Std_SLI_GP30_Eng.inc" )  <<<change this line
    )
    Code:
    include ( "..\\DRGW_GP30_3002.eng" )
    Wagon (
    	include ( "..\\..\\Common.inc\\Locomotives\\Std_TypeF_Coupler.inc" )
    	include ( "..\\..\\Common.inc\\Locomotives\\Std_Loco_Brakes.inc" )
    	ORTSAdhesion ( ORTSCurtius_Kniffler ( 7.5 44 0.161 0.7 ) )
    	ORTSAdhesion ( ORTSSlipWarningThreshold ( 70 ) )
    	ORTSBearingType ( Roller )
    	ORTSDavis_A ( 1267.48 )
    	ORTSDavis_B ( 38.7950 )
    	ORTSDavis_C ( 4.916336 )
    	Comment( == Assumptions -Locomotive diesel/electric - speed - 65mph (105km/h), Roller Bearing, 6 axles, frontal area - 9.5m2, WagonWeight - 117.9 ton (metric), Drag 0.90 == )
    )
    Engine (
    	Effects (
    		DieselSpecialEffects (
    			Exhaust1 (
    			0 4.95 1.12
    			0 1 0
    			)
    		)
    	)
    	include ( "..\\..\\Common.inc\\Locomotives\\Std_Eng_GP30_bb.inc" )  <<<to this
    )
    Do the same for all the other locomotive engine files in the OpenRails folders, try to use the OR Std_Eng file that is the closest in weight to the locomotive weight.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Hi Gerry,

Thanks a lot for the reply and for providing the link to the .inc files I was missing. It fixed the issue I had with the DRGW caboose.

I also did what you advised with the locomotive .inc files.

Cheers, Uli