Thread: Aviation Fuel for Otis Air Force Base

Default Aviation Fuel for Otis Air Force Base

On New Year's Day, I took the New Haven Railroad Historical & Technical Association (www.nhrhta.org) 2021 calendar out of the envelope, and the cover (photo by David R Sweetland, NHRHTA Collection) shows a tank train of aviation fuel hooping up orders at Myricks before they head across the Cape Cod Canal lift bridge on the way to Otis AFB:

With that inspiration, I took the seven tankcars in the just-released BLW/ZT 2020 Veteran's Day Troop Train Bonus, a New Haven RS2 and caboose, and recreated this vignette on John Bauckman's Cape Cod - Bay Colony route. After I took the screenshots, it dawned on me that this consist includes my first BLW/ZT release (NH set 1 - December 2006) and my most recent (2020 Troop Train Bonus - January 2021)!

Quote Originally Posted by rfranzosa View Post
    On New Year's Day, I took the New Haven Railroad Historical & Technical Association (www.nhrhta.org) 2021 calendar out of the envelope, and the cover (photo by David R Sweetland, NHRHTA Collection) shows a tank train of aviation fuel hooping up orders at Myricks before they head across the Cape Cod Canal lift bridge on the way to Otis AFB:

With that inspiration, I took the seven tankcars in the just-released BLW/ZT 2020 Veteran's Day Troop Train Bonus, a New Haven RS2 and caboose, and recreated this vignette on John Bauckman's Cape Cod - Bay Colony route. After I took the screenshots, it dawned on me that this consist includes my first BLW/ZT release (NH set 1 - December 2006) and my most recent (2020 Troop Train Bonus - January 2021)!

Good thing inspiration, for the work to remain good
    Chimbica Dash8

Cool! I should try that route again under OR. Back in the MSTS days it would crash on me when I got to Wood's Hole. Probably work better under OR. Spent a lot of time on the Cape including railfanning back when I lived in MA so it is a nostalgia trip for me.

Jon