Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facing Point Media Coaster and Metrolink trainsets, Anywhere else to get them?

Talking Facing Point Media Coaster and Metrolink trainsets, Anywhere else to get them?

Ok so, I've been looking for some links to where i can find the original FPM Metrolink and Coaster trainsets and on only one was the 3dtrains link, but there is nothing there "Error - 404 file not found" thats what i get, any Links?

Thank you!

G'day Tyler, I think this is the one you are looking for, just tried it and it works "www.3dtrains.com" the only other is "http://www.3dtrainstuff.com/" but I don't think they have any free ware.
    Regards
    Barrie

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Fletcher View Post
    Ok so, I've been looking for some links to where i can find the original FPM Metrolink and Coaster trainsets and on only one was the 3dtrains link, but there is nothing there "Error - 404 file not found" thats what i get, any Links?

Thank you!
    Tyler, 3DTrains appears to be operating in fits and starts. There hasn't been any word from Marc for some time and all progress has stopped on the routes he was creating.

Even when you get onto the site you may find that obtaining files is difficult.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I've bought the set within the last couple months, so it's definitely still available.

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post
    I've bought the set within the last couple months, so it's definitely still available.
    I get the feeling that the search was for freeware. The 3DTrains Coaster/Metrolink/Amtrak stock are not freeware (though the sets are quite reasonably priced). If you buy one, Marc provides a download link. The main problem, based on recent posts, seems to be that Marc is not quickly responsive; not sure what's going on there.

3DTrains used to have some freeware F-units and the like. Haven't been to the site in some time to see if they're still around.

3DTrains is also where you get Scalerail and Scaleroads. For general users (not route (especially payware) developers), those are free, but they do require registering for the 3DTrains forum to download them - which again requires communicating with Marc at a point in the registration process.

EDIT: just did some searching around on the 3DT site without trying to log in to the forum (login often doesn't work for me, for unknown reasons). All I can find of the old FPM stock is the Surfliner sets. Not sure what happened to Metrolink and Coaster. Note that the 3DTrains Metrolink stock is the older Bombardier cars and F59PHI locomotives; versions of those (not nearly as well-done) are in the library here. Also in the library here are the newer Rotem cars that are currently in use (the Bombardiers are gradually being retired, and the Bombardier cab cars are not in use at all any more). And if you want the older F59 models, you will need to look elsewhere too. Too bad - Marc did a fabulous job on that stock for the time, and they're still very good models by current standards.
    Last edited by mikeebb; 01-06-2021 at 12:36 PM. Reason: results of more searching

The download for the Surfliner also includes Metrolink and the Coaster, all in one exe. A huge bargain for ten bucks!

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Tyler, 3DTrains appears to be operating in fits and starts. There hasn't been any word from Marc for some time and all progress has stopped on the routes he was creating.

Even when you get onto the site you may find that obtaining files is difficult.
    Truly unfortunate. I just deleted the Cheyenne route yesterday, as I got tired of waiting for updates that never come. That route had so much potential, it's really a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt C View Post
    Truly unfortunate. I just deleted the Cheyenne route yesterday, as I got tired of waiting for updates that never come. That route had so much potential, it's really a shame.
    Sadly I did the same some weeks ago and also dumped the Tehachapi he was doing for TS20xx.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Ok well thanks for the info guys! Its sad that they're not avalible, but I bought the Amtk trainsets yesterday, so I'll see what I can do with them.