Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Run8 Multiplayer Popularity

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    It would be nice to know what the actual complaint is?

I have no idea of anyone here to be honest hijacking this thread.

Thanks

Sean

That is a private matter for you not to know.
    Work Safe play hard

Quote Originally Posted by westerngy View Post
    That is a private matter for you not to know.
    That is a somewhat ridiculous approach.
    If a complaint is made then any manager worth his/her salt would state the reason(s) for the complaint being lodged so that in the future the chance of such a complaint being made again would be reduced.
    You don't have to mention anyone's name, just the reason for the complaint.

Simple, basic, service-related philosophy.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Only seems to be the Run 8 area which gets this type of moderation, for chrisake it's a forum and some thread drift is to be expected. No different to a bunch of guys (or gals) down the pub, having a chat, it wanders off a bit, have a good guffaw, get another round in then back on the original topic.

And given there's generally the same handful of people regularly posting in here, all of whom are on good terms with each other, I too find it hard to see who might have complained...

Wielding the stick like a Hogwart's prefect is the last thing we need at the moment. PM time to Nels I think.
    Vern.

Yeah, no. If someone complains, we act in the RW/TS/ORTS/MSTS/Trainz areas as well.

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post
    ....... If someone complains, we act in the RW/TS/ORTS/MSTS/Trainz areas as well.
    That's not a reason for not stating what initiated the complaint in the first place.

If you want to stop a repetition of an unacceptable post generating a complaint, say what the complaint was about.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post
    Yeah, no. If someone complains, we act in the RW/TS/ORTS/MSTS/Trainz areas as well.
    And it seems in this case the complaint should have been dismissed with, "Get a life", if from what we can tell it was someone daring to mention the name of another product in the Run 8 area. We all know the limits of what can and can't be said in terms of the CoC and the moderation in other areas of the board has always been done very fairly and not heavy handed. I love Run 8, but what is it about the product that seems to trigger such protective moderation?!
    Vern.

Moderation ain't the courts or parliament. Move on, or take it up with Nels.

"you know who you are?"

I know who I am, certainly not psychic.

I'll go stand in my corner now.

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.......................
    Yma O Hyd

Alright drama playtime is over.... Let’s move on please...

Closed....
    Dave Edwards