Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Run8 Multiplayer Popularity

Default Run8 Multiplayer Popularity

Despite repeated claims MP popularity is dying, look at these stats:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CItTbOpWFu0&t=196s

An excellent example of a well moderated server run by a great group of guys.........

Quote Originally Posted by Brad3816 View Post
    Despite repeated claims MP popularity is dying,.........
    Who's claiming it's dying?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

It died for me the day i bought Run 8. I don't do public MP. I only play certain games one on one with a buddy.
    Yma O Hyd

Ditto here. No interest in MP whatsoever - would much prefer 3DTS effort went into coding an improved AI despatcher/signaller and allowing us to set up trains with destinations and a routing/timetable they can follow.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Ditto here. No interest in MP whatsoever - would much prefer 3DTS effort went into coding an improved AI despatcher/signaller and allowing us to set up trains with destinations and a routing/timetable they can follow.
    Agree Vern, then i might re-install it.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    It died for me the day i bought Run 8. I don't do public MP. I only play certain games one on one with a buddy.
    Mike, it can only be "dying" if less and less people are dropping away from their regular practice of playing it online......and I don't recall anyone here saying that they were leaving multiplayer.

A lot of us have said we don't play MP from the outset, sure, but that's entirely different to leaving it, which is why I asked the question - who is saying that MP is dying and where are they saying it?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

The numbers and people on the one site The Depot can fluctuate all the time. Some days it is high and when someone has a session or a planned session then the numbers go way up as the last MP session put on by Jason had over 32 people and it was fun. Yes MP isn't for everyone and using the ED or Tscad SP can be fun also.
    Some like green chilli and some don't all depends on your personnel preference.
    Work Safe play hard

MP is averaging 52 people a day. How many members are on the website?...

It might be a slightly different perspective to compare that 52/day against the population of users....

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Mike, it can only be "dying" if less and less people are dropping away from their regular practice of playing it online......and I don't recall anyone here saying that they were leaving multiplayer.

A lot of us have said we don't play MP from the outset, sure, but that's entirely different to leaving it, which is why I asked the question - who is saying that MP is dying and where are they saying it?
    And i am saying it died for me because it took two gulps of air and then it kicked the bucket.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post
    MP is averaging 52 people a day. How many members are on the website?...

It might be a slightly different perspective to compare that 52/day against the population of users....

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

You can't judge multiplayer by one website. I have a server up and the ones on it are actual railway workers in the running trades as we do things like real railway workers do.
    There are other smaller groups around and that's what has happened smaller groups developing their own way of running.
    Work Safe play hard