Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shape Viewer problem

Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    Hi Charles,
    "Module not found" message so I copied it from the Shape Viewer folder into SysWOW64 where it overwrote a version already there. Same error message. Copied it into System32, which didn't already have it. .............

Cheers,
    Ged
    trainlib.ocx only belongs in the Sview folder.

Charles

Quote Originally Posted by derekmorton View Post
    I have the dds version running with 20H2, but I had to register the ocx by hand.
    Do anything different than "regsvr32.exe trainlib.ocx" ?
    Charles

Hi Ged.

Not sure whether this will be helpful or not but I've just installed TS Shape Viewer v 2.2.237 when setting up my new computer and it's running fine. I'm on Windows 10 Home 20H2 and installed Shape Viewer using an .msi dated 10/04/2008.

Regards,

Bob.

Hi Chaps,
    Thanks for all your suggestions, but I'm still having no luck
    I've re-installed several times after clearing out the Registry with CCleaner and manually checking there are no SView entries. I've even uninstalled the Win 10 Features update (8 Dec 2020).

Yes, Bob, that is the version I installed!

Recent software additions (this month) have been Advanced System Care and IOBit Uninstaller Pro. Uninstalling these didn't make any difference.

My next step is to (try to) uninstall all the Windows updates which were added 8 Dec.

Cheers,
    Ged

Quote Originally Posted by latimers View Post
    Hi Ged.

Not sure whether this will be helpful or not but I've just installed TS Shape Viewer v 2.2.237 when setting up my new computer and it's running fine. I'm on Windows 10 Home 20H2 and installed Shape Viewer using an .msi dated 10/04/2008.

Regards,

Bob.
    That is not the DDS version, unless you also added the trainlib.ocx from the DDS version zip . BUT you may be on to something. Could be that version registers the OCX when the DDS version fails. There is a 2.4 version that was released, by someone other than Paul, w/o an installer, just the files zipped up that does not register the OCX.

Ged,
    D/L sview22.zip, install then replace the trainlib.ocx with the DDS version.
    Charles

Hi Charles,
    Thank you, but I still get the same 'Run-time' error.

Even removing the 20H2 Feature update completely didn't help!

As it doesn't seem to be a problem which affects everybody, I've a feeling it's caused by something I've downloaded, or has been downloaded on to my PC. It's at times like this that you wish you'd taken regular images of the system drive - my last one was March 2020!!

I don't know if resetting Windows would help, but I might try that next.

Cheers,
    Ged

Hi Ged.

To perhaps remove one or two of the "suspects" from your list, I too run Advanced System Care Pro, IOBit Uninstaller Pro and regularly (weekly) clean my registry with ccleaner, so I doubt that one of those is the culprit.

Bob.

Hi Bob,
    Thanks for your suggestion, but I've already done that!

I tried resetting Windows, when it re-installed a clean v 20H2 but still Shape Viewer wouldn't work even after re-installing.

I went back to my last system image (Feb 2020). Now, as expected, Shape Viewer works correctly. Next, I've got to update Windows from v1909, without adding any other programs, and hope that SV still works! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!

Cheers,
    Ged

Try this... just drop the trainlib.ocx over the one you have.

https://mega.nz/file/h0hSjKrL#j8DRpH...ehwu4V-1sTm4Iw

Hi,
    Have now fully updated my Windows 10 to include the 20H2 Feature Upgrade and Shape Viewer is STILL working OK

I have now to update various programs and add software which wasn't in my previous installation, but I won't be rushing into it!!

Thanks, jiggywatt, for the file. It does seem to be different to the others I've tried, so I'll store it somewhere safe in case this problem strikes again!

Cheers,
    Ged