Thread: OR log reports SMS file problem

Default OR log reports SMS file problem

A little help please guys. The attached OR log shows a problem with line 362 of the attached SMS file. Unfortunately Ged's excellent SMS checker doesn't show up the problem and I'm not proficient enough to sort out the stream problem myself. Could some kind soul please offer a solution?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Dell desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GT710 2GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver.

Hi niknak,
    I can't see anything wrong with the .sms file.

The OR log indicates that the Stream on line 362 is an extra stream. BUT it isn't!!
    I wonder if Open Rails doesn't recognise the first 'Stream' entry on the same line as the 'Streams' entry (line 9)?

I found one occurrence like this (or it might have been the same file!) while I was testing sms_Checker and had to add coding to handle it!! As far as I remember, before doing so, I checked that MSTS accepted that configuration.

Cheers,
    Ged

Thanks for that Ged. Problem is, the streams affected point to "control" and "econtrol" wav files. These files produce a "click" when played which I think is the notch sound I'm not getting when driving the loco... ADDED lol I'm going crazy here - just started the activity again and the notch clicking sounds are there. I'm sure they weren't before though, as I had to watch the visual display. I think I need to lie down for a bit....
    Last edited by niknak; 01-08-2021 at 10:29 AM.
    Dell desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GT710 2GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver.

Dividing line 9
    Streams ( 18 Stream (
    in two parts is a good idea anyhow, although I don't know if it solves the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    Hi niknak,
    I can't see anything wrong with the .sms file.

The OR log indicates that the Stream on line 362 is an extra stream. BUT it isn't!!
    I wonder if Open Rails doesn't recognise the first 'Stream' entry on the same line as the 'Streams' entry (line 9)?

I found one occurrence like this (or it might have been the same file!) while I was testing sms_Checker and had to add coding to handle it!! As far as I remember, before doing so, I checked that MSTS accepted that configuration.

Cheers,
    Ged
    My emphasis, most often when the stream numbers are correct and the log OR shows stream number errors then the problem is with the brackets...a missing ( most often ) or extra bracket in the sms file...Use Notepad++ to easily check brackets.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Hi,
    @Gerry : The brackets are all OK, as proved by ConText!

@Carlo : Yes, splitting the two commands into two lines would solve the OR problem. It also makes for better understanding of the file!

Cheers,
    Ged

Apart from checking the file using Ged's SMS checker and checking the line number with notepad++ I didn't actually change anything. Yet I now have the click whenever changing throttle notches....Also the OR log error has gone. Very strange but all's well in the end I guess.