Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Forwarding System...

Default Car Forwarding System...

Thought I'd start a separate topic on this...

I would really like to have a go at the car forwarding and loading system to put a bit of purpose into the game. Is there any sort of easy to follow or beginners guide to how you go about doing it? Either a website or YT video, just as good.

Thank you.
    Vern.

Have you looked at one of the PDF documents that came with Run8 V2. I forget which one it is but it does a good job at least starting to explain things. I may have gone over it in a YouTube stream at one point, but I honestly wouldn't be able to find it that easy if I did.

Thanks

Sean

what Sean, ya didn't boast of RTS enough, Your program was the car forwarding software of the day. Even today, believe bits & pieces remain, which spinoffs have indeed come about if you will. Even my own paperwork at times. Give Yourself better credit O'l Man. Ya know all of the community continues to love ya!...

Aren't you a comedian

RTS is outdated. I would have continued with it if I had enough interest and/or some smaller regions I suppose. The reason why I stuck with the Run8 V2 waybill system is when I was busy trying to keep things going doing something like RTS would create more workload.

Running in a smaller region if it was available, or setting limits on your regions can give you more time to set-up trains etc. Spreadsheets also work very well and I've used them quite a bit.

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    ....or YT video, just as good.

Thank you.
    Vern, I found this one....about 4 years old.

IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Thanks for the help guys... I will take a deep breath later and jump in!
    Vern.

Okay well I've found my way around the various industry sub menus. However when I jump to Searles Yard (yes I finally bought Trona!) identified the loading point and populated it with the correct type of wagon, nothing happened. Not shown as loading and no outgoing tags generated.
    I must be doing something wrong...?
    Vern.

Vern, your a Depot forum member. Download the Depot+ config.ind file. It's got hundreds of industries set up including Trona. They will automatically load/empty &, depending how long the timer is set, retag when finished. When creating AI trains, you can designate rolling stock on AI trains for industries and designated locals. Example, determine which industries BNSF Bakersfield serves, set a manifest train to spawn cars needed by those customers, route it into the yard, break the train down & send it on its way. Hours of SP fun while having trains continue to spawn and run in both directions on the main--lots of eye candy.

I grabbed that Brad, which is how I ended up stood at Searles looking at the designated tracks. placing the cars and wondering what to do next.

So if I read what you say correctly, you can't actually start an industry with a rake of empty (or loaded) cars, you have to actually spawn in a train, remarshal it then give it the correct designation before working the portion(s) to the relevant industry sidings.
    Vern.

No, you can start an industry with a rake of cars placed directly on its tracks. You need to make sure they are correctly set-up (loaded or empty) as per your industry file and that they are correctly tagged but once that is done the industry timer should start and after the required time as per the industry file the cars will change to outward tags and load state.