Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trona Branch - No Dispatcher Board?

Default Trona Branch - No Dispatcher Board?

Well I just added the Trona branch to my collection... Aside from working out the car forwarding (see my other thread), how the heck do you use it? There's no dispatcher board added for the section, nor is there any clue on the Mojave DB how you access the branch. I'm assuming it's a manual switch throw but hey, guys, give us an idea...
    Vern.

Trona Branch is all TWC controlled. It's a tricky one to handle in sense of MP (not Milepost). I know some servers do have folks that work on top at Searles or Trona RR and work their way down to Mojave or working in Mojave and wanting to come up. There is 2 sidings, Cantell & Mojave Airport but Cantell isnt big enough for a train.

Because the branch isn't CTC controlled, it would not show up. There is a handthrow on M2 (mp 380) just west of Mojave that will line you onto the branch, which will go due north. I posted comprehensive maps in the download area that show all the branches and lines not included on the dispatch boards. Might make things a little clearer.

Thanks Brad.
    Vern.

Vern on the Trona branch I will send a train from MJ out there and AI it but head out to Searles and line a switch against it to stop. Also make your self some extra board spawn points so you can jump around out there.The main hopper for out there is you have the hopper pak is the PS4750_DGHX01
    Work Safe play hard

It's a lovely line but think I needed to put more power on my train, 2 x GP40 for 2.2 Hp per ton just isn't cutting it on the 1.75 up to Searles. Down to 10 MPH with constant sanding, luckily there seems to be an infinite supply. I did try to spawn another loco to couple up and assist but it won't allow me to do so in an occupied section. If I can't restart when I resume, guess I'll have to spawn the assisting loco at Searles and come down from there.
    Where did I put my detonators (I think called torpedoes in North America)... Actually it's a shame Run 8 doesn't simulate protecting a failed train as particularly in the dark you need to know you are getting close.
    Vern.

Sorry couldn't advance edit my post, so here's the train...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Vern.

Work Safe play hard

Quote Originally Posted by westerngy View Post
    Excellent! Thanks for sharing.

Actually think I might treat myself to the SD45 pack which includes one in Trona livery...
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by westerngy View Post
    Wonderful videos! Many thanks.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0