Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trona Branch - No Dispatcher Board?

Yes thanks that operation looks kind of interesting now that I see that.

So I take it that 16000ft stretch of Lone Pine isn't modeled? I'm trying to figure out what is happening as the train runs back down that section.

Thanks

Sean

OK now I'm getting my bearings so that appears to be a storage or swap track. Again always curious of the operations. I know there was some unit coal train symbols that run to Trona. Interesting operation.

Thanks

Sean

It's shown on The Depot schematic map of the Mojave sub and offshoots. Not sure what purpose it serves now as the original line looking at the map continued on to Lone Pine and linked up with something called the Colorado and Carson. Could be useful in Run 8 to stable car if I run out of space at Trona, or making up a train ready to run back to Mojave.
    Vern.

Well it's prototypical to today at least so that is cool. Railroading isn't as cool as it used to be though. Too bad they didn't have good videos and maps to really show what it looked like back then.

Thanks

Sean

On Youtube type in UP coal Searles and there are many videos to view of the Trona
    Work Safe play hard

Sounds good.

The other thing Vern is the following link which I just discovered right on Run8Studios website http://www.run8studios.com/lonepine.shtml

I know I'm critical about the amount of updates the site gets, but the information here is really good. In fact I either forgot I read it or probably just purchased whatever came out years ago.

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    The other thing Vern is the following link which I just discovered ...
    That info is available on the .PDF that's included with the route itself.

However, what isn't advised is the speed limit(s) along this line when exiting from the Mojave yard.

I have a permanent 15mph restriction showing on the HUD (Shift+Z) and even tho' I've left the cab and "flown" along the line for some miles, I cannot see any speed advisory post which shows a speed increase.

So what is the limit along here out to Searles and where does the yard limit of 15mph change up?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

You could check the run8depot maps but I don't think it does.

Thanks

Sean

LONE PINE TIMETABLE.jpg

Vern, this is clipped from the current UP Timetable. I don't have access to rules governing movement on the Trona. I run it at 20 unless restriction indicates otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad3816 View Post
    Vern, this is clipped from the current UP Timetable. I don't have access to rules governing movement on the Trona. I run it at 20 unless restriction indicates otherwise.
    Thanks muchly, Brad.
    (It's Bruce, actually.....Vern is the Pommy, I'm the Aussie )
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0