Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SectionIdx issues or...?

Question SectionIdx issues or...?

This one is beyond me and so I'm asking the collective mind. I am working on, with approval, getting new custom ScaleRail shapes. I am running into this issue where certain track pieces will not line up with their old pieces. See the attached images for reference.

Anyone have an idea here? It would be "rocky" but I can get pieces lined up with specific curves but that isn't realistic.

Regards,

-Frank C.

scalerail_offset_issue.jpgscalerail_offset_issue2.jpg

Bump...Does no one have an idea?

Regards,

-Frank C.

Hard to tell, but with the tsection line not matching, my guess is that you've got a shape that's the wrong geometry or tsection declaration that's wrong.

Did you build these by hand or with Dynatrax, or did Marc do them?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

An old MSTS caution is:
    Beware of laying long track sections across a tile boundary.

Not sure if present day game engines and editors still suffer from this.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post
    Hard to tell, but with the tsection line not matching, my guess is that you've got a shape that's the wrong geometry or tsection declaration that's wrong.

Did you build these by hand or with Dynatrax, or did Marc do them?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

These are shapes I'm adding based on the original ScaleRail shapes. I simply edited the textures to others, added to the TSECTION database based off the numbering that Derek assigned for me. My "temporary" section that I had setup in the TSECTION before the proper assignments were given worked absolutely fine.

Regards,

-Frank C.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    An old MSTS caution is:
    Beware of laying long track sections across a tile boundary.

Not sure if present day game engines and editors still suffer from this.

Vince, not a long track section issue, although I'm still very careful with that...

Regards,

-Frank C.

It might be TSRE, then... I've reported a couple oddities with vectors that were having trouble after using the transform function, but haven't seen a reply from Goku yet on root cause. Others have seen some vector issues as well.

One thing that had some success was to remove two or three pieces on either side of the error from the TDB, and close. Re-open, and add back.

I had recurring issues on a somewhat long vector (8 miles) that was also throwing random errors, and decided to throw a dummy node in to break up the vectors. That seems to have helped, as I haven't seen the zigs return on that particular section.

Looks like wrong tsection entry, but it's better not to use such a crazy long shapes anyway.

I had recurring issues on a somewhat long vector (8 miles) that was also throwing random errors, and decided to throw a dummy node in to break up the vectors. That seems to have helped, as I haven't seen the zigs return on that particular section.
    Other people use even longer vectors without issues like yours.

I've done vectors on other routes of 15+ miles with TSRE, but those don't have any significant changes in the Y rotation.

It's when the rotation and elevations change often that I'm noticing issues.

I tried the removal of a few pieces on either end and back and it seems to have worked. Strange. Well, time to finish up this re-build and do another one so everything is "lined up" correctly. I have so many "in the middle" pieces now that have been added the TDB is probably going crazy.

Regards,

-Frank C.