Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uncoupling - What Am I Doing Wrong?

It has all gelled together nicely. Train 1 broken down into respective portions. I'm now stood at the signal coming off the Sanborn Line waiting for Train 2 to take over and run into Yard Track 2, break it down and match the blocks to respective destinations. Couple of GP40's coupled ready to come off the Trona line start working the traffic down the branch - I reckon 3 maybe 4 trips to shift that lot. Mojave Yard will be pretty much full!

Train sim role playing, for sure!
    Vern.

Vern, it's great to read that you are, after several years, getting some real enjoyment out of this sim.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Vern, it's great to read that you are, after several years, getting some real enjoyment out of this sim.
    Yes it has taken a while but my persistence has paid off.

As I mentioned in the other thread I didn't put quite enough power on my first trip so, having purchased the SD45 pack with the Trona liveries, my first task when next on the sim will be to spawn a couple at Searles Yard and go rescue my train!
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Yes it has taken a while but my persistence has paid off.

As I mentioned in the other thread I didn't put quite enough power on my first trip so, having purchased the SD45 pack with the Trona liveries, my first task when next on the sim will be to spawn a couple at Searles Yard and go rescue my train!
    I bought Trona last night (after reading your posts and watching those videos) and started a World session called something to do with coal.
    Suffered two busted couplings on my first attempt to get the laden train moving.
    Realised too late that I needed to add helpers!

By that time it was too late to try again so I went to bed and will have another go later today.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Here is me going in to assist the stalled train.

I realised after I got going I hadn't started up the 2 GP40's so it was a bit slow but the SD45's made it up the bank and through the tunnel into Searles Yard.

https://youtu.be/V45Q-EkevBM
    Vern.

Excellent stuff Vern, great to see you enjoying Run8, I must try and get back into it.
    —————
    Jason

Yes it is very good. Should be down at Trona itself by tomorrow, start shunting wagons to the various sidings!
    Vern.

Vern, this may go against your "play-style", but I often use the Ctrl+Shift+F12 flying view when shunting and changing points.
    It allows for greater situational awareness, particularly when reversing to couple-up.

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Vern, this may go against your "play-style", but I often use the Ctrl+Shift+F12 flying view when shunting and changing points.
    It allows for greater situational awareness, particularly when reversing to couple-up.
    Another key combination for my scratchpad!
    Vern.

That combination will take you to either the front of your train or the rear....hit it again to toggle.

Then use Ctrl+Arrows to move around very fast or Shift+Arrows to move more slowly.

This is a good camera mode to use when you want to move fast, such as doing switching/shunting ops.