Thread: Smoke from Rolling Stock Wheels

Default Smoke from Rolling Stock Wheels

Hi all. After trying several different texts in google, and this place having a bewildering amount of posts here, i thought i'd chance my arm and ask.

I have some Aussie rolling stock that has smoke billowing out from the wheels, the problem is that it's far too excessive and i would like to if possible, either reduce the amount of smoke, or delete the smoke altogether. I've no idea where to look for the smoke entry.

Any help please.

Regards

G'day, you need to give some detail, like the names of the stock affected and if possible where you got them from and are you running MSTS or OpenRails?
    Regards
    Barrie

The amount of smoke used to be ok with MSTS. When OR cam along the amount of smoke increased.
    The smoke comes from a steam eng file in the consist.
    Simplest thing to do is to rename the eng file in the rolling stock folder.
    Cheers
    Derek

Hi the rolling stock are the ones included in the 'Coal Road' by Gavin Mclaughlan, sorry i can't be more specific than that. Though i do enjoy msts, I'm not that detailed in train stuff, more of a click and run kind of guy.

There are -

210 locos
    110 wagons
    265 consists

I'm running OR, and enjoy the diesel trains, i looked in the trainset folder and found a 5 different .eng files which had a red icon, these had the words 'hotbox' included in the name. Looking in the folder does indeed show a steam entry. If i rename them, i'm guessing that something else is looking for those .eng files?

Regards

If you give me an activity name, I will find the smoke file for you.

These are the files causing smoke.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by derekmorton; 01-15-2021 at 07:36 PM.
    Cheers
    Derek

The consist (or activity) files would be looking for the .eng files. But openrails will still run without problem even if it does not find them.

The advanced course is to actually modify the levels of smoke to work with open rails. But easier is to just dispense with them.

Christopher

Hi guys. @derekmorton..Those are the files i found.

I renamed them to shotbox.eng (just added an 's') and the smoke was gone Many thanks to all for your kind help.

Regards