Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trainsimulations D&RGW Green River - activity problem

Default Trainsimulations D&RGW Green River - activity problem

Today I was running activity 4 - Eastbound merchandise. Everything was fine until I got to Green River where there was a meet with a westbound merchandise train. I pulled up to the end of the siding, making sure my tail end was well clear of the main. However the Westbound AI would not move and had a red signal. I tried using the train list, switching to the cab of the AI and in manual mode started it running past the red signal. However when I tried to switch back to the player train OR crashed. The log had the following errors. Not sure why the "off path" as the dispatcher window had the AI train path on the main line and the player train on the siding:

Warning: Train AI Westbound Merchandise 1 (AG) (22) passing signal 389 at 89280.9 at danger at 2.94
    Warning: Train 22 service AI Westbound Merchandise 1 (AG), reversal or end point off path; distance to reversal point set to -1
    Warning: Train 22 service AI Westbound Merchandise 1 (AG) off path; distance to reversal point set to -1
    Information: Train AI Westbound Merchandise 1 (AG) (22) is removed for out of control, reason : OUT_OF_PATH
    Error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Orts.Viewer3D.RollingStock.CabRenderer.Draw(Graphi csDevice graphicsDevice) in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Stable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Rolli ngStock\MSTSLocomotiveViewer.cs:line 1301

at Orts.Viewer3D.BasicMaterial.Render(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, IEnumerable`1 renderItems, Matrix& XNAViewMatrix, Matrix& XNAProjectionMatrix) in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Stable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Mater ials.cs:line 581

at Orts.Viewer3D.RenderFrame.DrawSequences(GraphicsDe vice graphicsDevice, Boolean logging) in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Stable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Rende rFrame.cs:line 830

at Orts.Viewer3D.RenderFrame.DrawSimple(GraphicsDevic e graphicsDevice, Boolean logging) in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Stable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Rende rFrame.cs:line 775

at Orts.Viewer3D.RenderFrame.Draw(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice) in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Stable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Rende rFrame.cs:line 678

at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.RenderProcess.Draw() in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Stable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Proce sses\RenderProcess.cs:line 306

at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.Game.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Stable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Proce sses\Game.cs:line 135

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Applicatio nIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.Sys tem.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponen t.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager. System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoCompo nentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.Run MessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.Run MessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()

at Orts.Program.Main(String[] args) in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Stable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Program.cs:lin e 50

It's too bad as I now don't see a way to complete this activity.

Jon

To be able to assist we need the whole or log.
    Cheers
    Derek

I don't know if this will be any help, it's been a long while since I ran the activity ( 2016 actually )...but I seem to remember a timing and or path problem that worked for MSTS but not for OR. I reworked the activity for OR...I've attached a zip of the ORTS version. From the log it looked like you were running a multiplayer session? Did I read the log correctly?, if so, perhaps that's where the problem lies.

Anyway, here's the version I made for ORTS >>> EB_Merchandise_ORTS.zip
    The activity, paths, services, and traffic are all suffixed with "ORTS" so they shouldn't overwrite anything...HOWEVER...the consists are using the same names --- I don't believe I changed any of them, but perhaps you shouldn't use those until you check them out.

I'm running OR physics, so if you are still running MSTS physics I don't know if that will make any difference?
    Last edited by R. Steele; 01-16-2021 at 12:51 AM.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

I have just run the original activity with MG87.1 with no problems.
    I will try with Gerry's changes now?
    Cheers
    Derek

Try using the Dispatch Window to change that Signal to Green. See if that works. Take Care Brian

Thanks for the replies. I will try Gerry's version.

Didn't know you could change signal aspects from the dispatcher window. I'll have to try that too.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jonpd View Post

Didn't know you could change signal aspects from the dispatcher window. I'll have to try that too.

Jon
    Make sure to read manual section: 7.5 Dispatcher Window
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Interesting. I resumed the activity and changed the signal to green via the dispatcher window. The AI train started up and moved past the signal then suddenly disappeared. I suspect there is a path issue with it, as the sim removes AI trains that are off path. At least it allowed me to continue the activity.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jonpd View Post
    Interesting. I resumed the activity and changed the signal to green via the dispatcher window. The AI train started up and moved past the signal then suddenly disappeared. I suspect there is a path issue with it, as the sim removes AI trains that are off path. At least it allowed me to continue the activity.

Jon
    If this is an msts activity where AI paths are short --- then it was probably at end of path and this put in conflict with the signal. So turning the signal green and letting it finish the path removed it. By using the Dispatcher window in combination with Auto and Manual mode you can control the AI traffic...on thing...let the AI trains stay on path...move the player train off path (manual mode ) and then re-enter the player path when the AI traffic problem is solved.
    Cheers, Gerry