Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mojave - Searles - Trona

Quote Originally Posted by xcrosswitch View Post
    It was hosted on Otto's webpage, but since his passing I don't know where you can source it from.
    I found this on the railworks America site.
    I think this may it :-https://www.railworksamerica.com/index.php/download-library/route-collection?view=document&id=2369:mojave-desert-railroading&catid=20:route-collection

Hope it helps.
    Rob
    Thanks, Rob.
    I'll have a look.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    At this point probably better to start from scratch in TSRE if I was going to take a crack at it...
    Yeah.....or Trainz Surveyor for those into Trainz.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Thanks, Rob.
    I'll have a look.
    Yep....that's it, Rob. It's HUGE!!
    Takes in all of the Cajon route from Colton to Barstow...across to Mojave and then the branch to Searles and Trona. Plus some other branches.
    Not a bad job either in the detailing and there are several Free Roam activities included.

Vern, this might be right up your alley.

I've popped two screen-shots into a new thread under Railworks forum.

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...55#post1979655
    Last edited by seagoon; 01-16-2021 at 09:46 PM.

I'll take a look Bruce, though not that much into TS20xx at present.

As you say Trainz might be a bet, particularly where the industry objects are concerned and of course car forwarding. Could even use a bit of artistic licence, turn the desert into forest and tundra in a Northern European or Russian setting!
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    I'll take a look Bruce, though not that much into TS20xx at present.

As you say Trainz might be a bet, particularly where the industry objects are concerned and of course car forwarding. Could even use a bit of artistic licence, turn the desert into forest and tundra in a Northern European or Russian setting!
    Love it! Or perhaps backdate it by about 15,000 years to have some Really Big Lakes (during the last Ice Age).

EDIT: reminded myself that there are three MSTS/(usable in OR) routes that reach Mojave:

• 3DTS' Cajon Pass-High Desert (includes the SP Mojave-Palmdale-Colton line, BNSF Majave-Barstow line, and BNSF/UP Barstow-Riverside line)
    • 3DTS' Tehachapi Pass (Mojave-Bakersfield with a little branch work around Bakersfield)
    • Freeware (in the f/l) Cajon Pass 4.2 (final release includes SP Mojave-Palmdale-Colton, and BNSF/UP/BNSF Barstow-Los Angeles; does not include BNSF Mojave-Barstow)

All of those routes have a little spur heading off in the general direction of Searles from Mojave, but only going far enough to stage a train on.

EDIT2: If Cajon 4.2 were to be further expanded, I'd prefer adding the BNSF line Mojave-Barstow before the Trona line. Either one would be a big job, but BNSF would probably be easier (less involved terrain, and mostly straight; though enough of the Boron industrial trackage, and maybe Edwards AFB (historic), to provide switching interest would be good).
    Last edited by mikeebb; 01-18-2021 at 01:20 AM.