Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Screenshots with no particular theme - Part 2021

Shawn, you've really captured it.

Quote Originally Posted by conductorchris View Post
    Shawn, you've really captured it.
    Borislav is doing a fantastic job, and it was great to team up with him and help with what I can for references, photos, etc. Hoping Athearn has done the same with my references and what not. Of course, hoping they also do N scale versions..
    https://i.imgur.com/LPZNEX4.png

Is this the Tehachapi Pass Route II - Scenery expansion from 3DTrains ? and other question what type of smoke are you using on your train?, doesn't look like the default from the game, when I play on my OR mostly of the smoke are black coming out from the exhaust. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rowie View Post
    Testing my upgraded beet hoppers on Tehachapi

Back before the restrictions, both SD70M-2's could often be seen together. Now, they are only able to be tied to each other on the CLP Main, and the VTR Northern Sub. To make things easier, the engine house no longer puts both in the same consist. Otherwise, if two are in the consist together, they need to be split by a GP38-2/GP40-2, and have a empty on the "headpin".

CLP 264, before the restrictions.

Shawn, do you mind explaining "the restrictions"?
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by qballbandit View Post
    Shawn, do you mind explaining "the restrictions"?
    Due to weight restrictions on some bridges on our GMRC Bellows Falls Sub, and the VTR B&R Sub, we cannot have the two SD70M-2's side by side in the consist.
    They will need to be split by a small unit, typically a GP38-2/GP40-2, and an empty on the headpin, or another GP unit. This is for weight distribution, according to the state of Vermont.

So basically the consist, if two units are in the same consist, would be something like these...

SD70M-2/GP38-2/SD70M-2/Empty Car/Rest of Train
    SD70M-2/GP38-2/SD70M-2/GP38-2/Rest of Train
    GP38-2/SD70M-2/GP38-2/SD70M-2/GP38-2/Rest of Train

They also have some locations on our lines, they aren't allowed to run on, due to the curves being far too tight.

only the VTR Northern Sub, and the CLP Sub, are allowed to have the SD70M-2/SD70M-2 consist, though, as mentioned, to make it easier on the shop, they just typically keep the two on different trains. Usually GMRC 263 with use an SD70M-2/GP38-2/GP38-2 consist, and the RDHJ job will take the other SD70M-2 with two or one GP38-2.

Note, when we had the GMTX 9000 SD60, that also could be used as a "small" unit between the two... how that even made sense to any of us, was beyond us... The state of Vermont is... odd... but, we have been doing a lot of bridge and track work lately to get all our lines up to 286k capacity. Which, we did, except the Lyndonville Sub, but some bridges still have weight restrictions, and until those are fixed, this rule will stick for awhile longer...

Which, typically, the 206/432 has been the power for the RDHJ job, which I am on 4 of the 5 days we run.

Quote Originally Posted by =FI=Ghost View Post
    M62-165,

Nice screenshots, mate! And nice profile picture as well!
    Thanks, Borislav! By the way, the profile picture is my favorite loco alias my nickname.

A BNSF Z train is heading east:

Quote Originally Posted by Kist View Post
    Is this the Tehachapi Pass Route II - Scenery expansion from 3DTrains ?
    Yes it is

Quote Originally Posted by Kist View Post
    and other question what type of smoke are you using on your train?, doesn't look like the default from the game, when I play on my OR mostly of the smoke are black coming out from the exhaust. Thanks
    I'm using the 3DTrains replacement smoke. Can be changed between light, medium and heavy

https://www.3dtrains.com/downloads/misc.shtml

Guess a modeler's work is never done.

Yours truly noticed some errors with the EMDX SD60s. I've corrected those, with only a minor increase in polys. Also improved the texture in areas.

Expect a re-release sometime in the future.

Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.
    Also known as Mr. Two Bits and Mr. Squarewheels.

Those EMD demo units sure do look great. Really wish we could have the EMD unit that became GMTX 9000... Just like the N scale version, I keep missing out!

Borislav has done a fantastic job with these VTR units, and I am glad I was able to team up with him on getting the final details in play.

And, just like real life, the tone difference between 431 and 432 is noticeable.

Now to get them all oiled up like the real units.