MONON-2

Williamson, WV.
    ~~~~~~

Thanks Rick.

The beauty of New England Railroading:
    Open Rails - New England by Scott B, on Flickr

Regards,
    Scott

Sure looks like the Conn River Route by Paul Charland.

Hi Paul,

Hah - you know I'm a huge fan as I mentioned just a couple posts previously. It's the one route I don't seem to tire from. I'm now rebuilding my R-1-D and I'll be adding the R-1-A and R-1-C as well.

I keep a pure unedited copy of your route loaded on my drive as well.

CT River Original by Scott B, on Flickr

Regards,
    Scott

I don't know what it is with this route Scott. I spent three years building it, well over 4500 hours. Just after I released it, a commercial provider started using it to pose his equipment on even though the readme says not for commercial use. Weeks later one of the people he has who advertises for him was given credit for "their route", and instead of correcting the person, he said you're welcome. Almost makes a guy think about not posting a route again.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by charland View Post
    I don't know what it is with this route Scott. I spent three years building it, well over 4500 hours. Just after I released it, a commercial provider started using it to pose his equipment on even though the readme says not for commercial use. Weeks later one of the people he has who advertises for him was given credit for "their route", and instead of correcting the person, he said you're welcome. Almost makes a guy think about not posting a route again.

Paul
    Hi Paul,

I'm really sorry for the issues and aggravation associated with this route for you - it's clearly obvious - the amount of work - attention to detail - blood, sweat, and toil - you've put into this route - it's a masterpiece. It's captured my imagination and I've probably spent more time with it than any other route in my sim history. The trackwork is smooth and clean - the number of custom structures massive - and you took the time to provide scenery off into the distance greatly enhancing the immersion - PLUS it's the B&M in New England. I'm always modeling something specializing in textures - trying to make everything - sky - water - vegetation - rain - snow - terrtex - just a little better IMHO. Just running trains wouldn't keep me here for long. I truly hope this doesn't dampen your enthusiasm as your work has brought me countless hours of enjoyment - was the inspiration to build that Rutland Mikado I sent you - and I suspect will inspire more model work from me. Any shots I post are a tribute to your efforts.

Regards,
    Scott
    Last edited by scottb613; 10-22-2021 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by charland View Post

Paul
    Paul, That's a shame ... now if someone were to take liberties with the "commercial provider's" products...you would never hear the end of it. Humans and their "shoe on the other foot"...always a problem.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Buses.

~~~~~~

Default Chilled to the bone

You ever have one of those train watching days when you ask yourself, "why the heck am I out here"? Cold, damp, windy....chilled to the bone. And the weather just keeps deteriorating. If just one damn train would roll by, it would make you feel better!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.