Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Scenes Without Trains - 2021

Steve. I since re-structured that scene. Here is the new 45deg rural crossings for 2 DB tracks to go with my rural road textures and Travis's Crossing signs. Now I can run with 20deg and 45deg double track crossings. It'll be good for those mining, farms or logging crossings. NWL 7 shot.
    nwl_f7 by CN Edmonton, on Flickr
    Last edited by tie; 02-09-2021 at 09:52 PM.
    Rory

Quote Originally Posted by tie View Post
    Steve. I since re-structured that scene. Here is the new 45deg rural crossings for 2 DB tracks to go with my rural road textures and Travis's Crossing signs. Now I can run with 20deg and 45deg double track crossings. It'll be good for those mining, farms or logging crossings. NWL 7 shot.
    Hi Rory,

WOW - you capture the true essence of idyllic rural life - looks like the kind of place I'd like to live.

Beautiful.

Regards,
    Scott

TY Scott. It will look better hopefully when I upgrade to a new system with a better video card.
    Rory

Rory, I can't believe how real you make everything look with each new screen. What I wouldn't do to get a copy of this route when it's done!!!!
    - Chris N.
    So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet, to see the king of the potato people... and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane?

Chris, you probably know this as well, trees just suddenly pop up when I get into a certain area. I have the sliders maxed and going 6000m distant, but forest lines only pop up within about 2000-3000m in OR. It's annoying.
    Rory

Both images from my Cal-P route that is (forever) under development. First image is an alfalfa pellet facility in Dixon CA, the second image is from above Port Costa CA and shows what 100km of DM view distance looks like.

Clipboard0807.jpgClipboard0661.jpg
    Dave Nelson

Seldom visiting, posting less often that that.

These images are from my Goose Island rte, also under development (a.k.a. MILW Division St Yard, Chicago, ca. 1947) showing what's going on in downtown Chicago.

First image is looking s at Chicago's downtown (The Loop); all of the buildings are patterned after data in the Sanborn Fire Insurance maps plus whatever photos can be found. The second image is a street scene showing a newly assembled fire escape. 3rd image shows the level of detail going into buildings, and the last one is looking east to the dead end location of a not-yet-built elevated train station
    iClipboard0271.jpgClipboard0264.jpgClipboard0254.jpgClipboard0259.jpg
    Dave Nelson

Dave that has incredible detail< I'll take one when it comes out of the oven!!!!
    Kevin Kelleher

Real nice work on the cityscape and buildings, Dave!
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Thank you for the feedback... very much appreciated.

I've been working hard to get at least one street downtown done, street, streetcar tracks. It has turned out to be far more difficult than I expected but hopefully this spring I can post the a work-in-progress with enough done it can be used so long as you are willing to overlook what's not complete. One more photo... this is pretty much the entire route so far... maybe 6 miles long. Dunno if the detail will show... it is a large image and so you may have to click on it a couple of times.
    Clipboard0208.jpg
    Dave Nelson