Thread: DRGW Green River Route: "Fruita Turn" Problems

Default DRGW Green River Route: "Fruita Turn" Problems

I've been having issues with the Green river route activity "Fruita Turn". When starting the activity everything seems fine but after a while I come to a red signal that is red both ways, and the AI train which is the first you encounter can't proceed. I tried using manual mode to fix it, but it didn't work. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

If the player train starts on the left hand track, it works ok.
    Cheers
    Derek

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

Check the path of both trains,I have known the supplied activities to have incorrect pathe.

So when I start this activity I start on the most far right side track, which is the track that goes all the way to the red signal. And for checking the paths, I don't know how to do so. But I still appreciate the help.

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

Use the MSTS activity manager

Hi Peter,
    This is an Open Rails Forum.
    There's a pretty good chance that posters don't have, or are not able to run, the MSTS Editors!

Cheers,
    Ged

The activity usually should run provided you have the same open rails options selected for any of Trinsimulations later routes built for open rails only. those later routes come with a documentation pdf that shows the required settings.

As for this activity, the player should take the siding at Durham for a meet and then proceed to fruita and work the industry off the main with ai traffic running by you via the siding

If you are referring to the MSTS editor and tools. I am not able to access that program due to it not running correctly on my build of windows 10.

Also I'm referring to the point at when you start near West Grand Junction and that switch with the signal aspect facing the player which is showing a approach aspect. While the signal facing the AI train is showing a stop aspect.

This may help, make an OpenRails folder in the greenriver route directory, place a copy of the sigcfg.dat file in it. Also make sure all the "SignalNumClearAhead" entries are 4 or larger. This activity works okay for me.

bandicam 2021-01-22 09-38-17-415.jpg

bandicam 2021-01-22 09-38-30-762.jpg

bandicam 2021-01-22 09-39-13-711.jpg

By searching the manual for "OpenRails folder" you can find other uses for this folder...like removing trees from tracks.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.