Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about modifying a current existing route.

Quote Originally Posted by niknak View Post
    I stand corrected. (well sit anyway...) It's just that on a few occasions I added missing buffers to some sidings on TS Mullan route and then got an error message when I tried to restart the saved activity. This ONLY happened when I added the buffer stops to existing sidings. However I can add hazards (deer crows etc) and then restart a saved activity.
    A buffer is just another kind of track section. Any track changes will break a path that uses it which in turn will break the activity.
    In some cases you might be able to repair the paths in ORTS track viewer using the "auto fix all broken paths" function.

Jon

There's a hack for tricking a small TDB change to let an activity resume... change the TDB and RDB serial number. It increments with each modification. If you know what the activity saved, you can try rolling that number back manually....

Thanks for the responses guys.
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Probably a bit late for your project, but I did confirm that WorldFileHacker's strip/convert interactives can be somewhat safely used in combination with TSRE to remove interactives from a route.

Run WFH to remove interactives from either the whole route or a subset of W files, and then run TSRE using AutoFix & save.

You can get WFH from DigitalRails.com for a $10 donation.

Quote Originally Posted by niknak View Post
    I stand corrected. (well sit anyway...) It's just that on a few occasions I added missing buffers to some sidings on TS Mullan route and then got an error message when I tried to restart the saved activity. This ONLY happened when I added the buffer stops to existing sidings. However I can add hazards (deer crows etc) and then restart a saved activity.
    Niknak,

There are many things on Mullan that are not perfect (if I had tried to aim to be perfect the route would've NEVER gotten released) but just as an FYI: There are a LOT of spur tracks along the Mullan Pass route in the real world that do not have big beefy steel buffers. Some have just a pile of dirt ("Earthen Bumper" to be proper), some have little wheel stops, and yet many have nothing at all - the rails literally just end. That's not to say there aren't some steel buffers that I missed, just letting you know that the total lack of buffers is not as un-prototypical as you may think
    ~Sean Kelly~

MRL Mullan Pass for ORTS
    https://www.trainsimulations.net/mullanpass

This one's called a Nebraska Buffer.

Anything from a pile of gravel, a railroad tie, or a bolted on wheelstop can be used as a buffer and railcars will bounce off them...Just place a static object with the collision properties set.

No TDB update needed for that so saved activities will be just fine.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PerryPlatypus View Post
    Niknak,

There are many things on Mullan that are not perfect (if I had tried to aim to be perfect the route would've NEVER gotten released) but just as an FYI: There are a LOT of spur tracks along the Mullan Pass route in the real world that do not have big beefy steel buffers. Some have just a pile of dirt ("Earthen Bumper" to be proper), some have little wheel stops, and yet many have nothing at all - the rails literally just end. That's not to say there aren't some steel buffers that I missed, just letting you know that the total lack of buffers is not as un-prototypical as you may think
    Appreciate the response Sean, thank you.
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Quote Originally Posted by rdayt View Post
    Interactives are things that interact with the track. They are part of the .tdb, or track data base.
    I'll try to list them all, but...

Mile posts
    Speed posts
    Level Crossings, where cars stop at a crossing, be it a crossbuck or active crossing signals
    Signals
    Stations, platforms or sidings that show up in the f6 display
    Hazards, not sure about these, don't use them

Anybody else got any?
    Sidings
    CG