Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Help installing level crossing mod

  1. #1

    Unhappy Help installing level crossing mod

    Hi all, I got the epping line running, and I am loving it, however, I recently have been wanting the crossing arms a bit more "Melbourneish" if you get what I mean, and I found a mod on here titled "MSTS Old Melbourne Crossing Boom Gates" so I installed and it says to copy all .s and .sd files and, then the .ace and then it says the you need to edit the routes .ref file, so i did the right steps, but it still shows the default ones the route comes with, here is the full read me instructions, copy and pasted directly from the original thing: "INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS - BOOM GATE

    1. Copy all the .s and .sd file types in this package
    2. Open your Train Simulator folder.
    3. Open the ROUTES folder.
    4. Open the desired route folder that you want to install these gates into.
    5. Open the SHAPES folder of that route
    6. Paste all the .s and .sd files included in this package into the SHAPES folder of that route
    7. Copy all the .ace type files included in this download
    8. Paste all the .ace files into your route's TEXTURES folder. Click Replace if any existing files with the same name are existent
    9. Open up your route's .REF file in notepad. The .ref file should be in the route's folder somewhere
    10. Copy all the .ref text required above
    11. Paste the text into your route's .ref text file. Save the .ref file once done pasting
    12. You have now completed the installation of these 1980's style B&W boom barriers." Here is the image of the mod on trainsim.com: WestinghouseLogoOnBack.jpg so yeah, that's my issue, I am sorry it is long, I just like to add detail to my posts so the replies do truly help, thanks to all that reply and have a nice day or night

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,477

    Default

    Those instructions should work. Are you sure the .ref file is right?

    That said, I downloaded those as well, and discovered many missing textures

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    Those instructions should work. Are you sure the .ref file is right?

    That said, I downloaded those as well, and discovered many missing textures
    I am 99.99% sure it is right, also did you ever fix those missing textures?
    Last edited by ComengSet488M; 01-22-2021 at 11:32 PM.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    Those instructions should work. Are you sure the .ref file is right?

    That said, I downloaded those as well, and discovered many missing textures
    Here is what my .ref file says on the LevelCr Parts:
    First part: )

    LevelCr (
    Class ( "Crossing Signals" )
    Filename ( MelbBoomGate.s )
    Align ( None )
    Description ( "AUlongCrossingGate" )
    )
    Second Part: )

    LevelCr (
    Class ( "Crossing Signals" )
    Filename ( MelbBoomGateSMALL.s )
    Align ( None )
    Description ( "AUsmallCrossingGate" )
    Final Part: )

    LevelCr (
    Class ( "Crossing Signals" )
    Filename ( MelbBoomGateMED.s )
    Align ( None )
    Description ( "AUmediumCrossingGate" )

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,477

    Default

    Do the following entries have closing brackets like the first one does? And you didn't leave the 'first/second/final part' lines in there, did you?

    I'm pretty sure only the creator has the missing textures. You could make some that looked right and substitute them in (not sure about the legalities of that). I eventually made my own similar gate shapes

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    Do the following entries have closing brackets like the first one does? And you didn't leave the 'first/second/final part' lines in there, did you?

    I'm pretty sure only the creator has the missing textures. You could make some that looked right and substitute them in (not sure about the legalities of that). I eventually made my own similar gate shapes
    The First part second part last part I didn't add, they were for detail of when you do ctrl + f in notepad from top to bottom, and no, I only have the closing bracket on the first on my .ref file.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lubec ME USA
    Posts
    377

    Default

    .ref file only matters if you intend to edit the route with MSTS RE or TSRE.

    Do the new .s and ,sd shape file have the same names as the level crossing shapes they are replacing? If not, the route files will still reference the old shapes and you will not see the new ones on your route.

    I seem to recall the level crossings show up both in the world file and also the track database, so that they get triggered when the train approaches the crossing. you could try editing both of those files to substitute the new shape names but make sure you backup the route first.

    Jon

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonpd View Post
    .ref file only matters if you intend to edit the route with MSTS RE or TSRE.

    Do the new .s and ,sd shape file have the same names as the level crossing shapes they are replacing? If not, the route files will still reference the old shapes and you will not see the new ones on your route.

    I seem to recall the level crossings show up both in the world file and also the track database, so that they get triggered when the train approaches the crossing. you could try editing both of those files to substitute the new shape names but make sure you backup the route first.

    Jon
    Thanks! Sorry for the late reply, just been a bit busy, it worked thanks to your advice.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->