Thread: Timetable Question

Default Timetable Question

Running a very serious rendition of the PRR Eastern Region V2 and starting on the freight schedules.

If I schedule a passenger train to go from "A" to "B" in one hour, and I schedule a freight to go between those same two stations in 3 hours, will that freight actually take 3 hours to arrive at "B"?

Thanks for your help!!

Captain Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Tom View Post
    Running a very serious rendition of the PRR Eastern Region V2 and starting on the freight schedules.

If I schedule a passenger train to go from "A" to "B" in one hour, and I schedule a freight to go between those same two stations in 3 hours, will that freight actually take 3 hours to arrive at "B"?

Thanks for your help!!

Captain Tom
    Hi Folks,

Oh No - I'm back in school math class - I always dreaded these problems...

Sorry - can't help.

Regards,
    Scott

The freight should travel at the speed limit or a lower speed that you set. If the train is not delayed (by other trains, signals, etc.) it will arrive at a time based on its speed and not on the arrival time.
    Regards,

Eric

Thanks for your reply Buttercup!

Arrgh, so the arrival time set in the Timetable has no relevance.

You mentioned "the lower speed that I set." Don't remember reading anything about that in the OR Manual. If you don't mind, how is that done?

Thanks very much,

Captain Tom

Never mind Buttercup! I found the answer in the new OR Manual #speed, #speedmph.

Thanks again!

Captain Tom

Although I read the OR Manual, I doesn't give any examples of how to put a speed limiter in the Timetable. The error message I get in the log is: "Value missing in speed command : #speed 30mph for train : YE-1-0". I have a row, just above #disposal, called "#speed" and I've tried every permutation of #speed in each column (to no avail). Can someone please post an example of a timetable that has not only the row label, but also an example of a column with a speed limitation?

Thanks very much,

Captain Tom

You need to add #speed, #speedkph or #speedmph to the first column depending on which speed unit you want to use.

The speed value for each train goes in that trains column. Example would be row label #speedmph; train column $max=15. That would limit the train in that column to a maximum of 15 mph.
    Regards,

Eric

Thanks Again Buttercup. Really appreciate your help on this!!

It's not stated anywhere in the OR Manual but for those of us who wish to be as realistic as possible that clears it up!

Cheers,

Captain Tom

Chapter 11.
    Regards,

Eric