Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monogame X275 Rev .86: Engine Type issue with brake pipe recharge and DB status

Default Monogame X275 Rev .86: Engine Type issue with brake pipe recharge and DB status

Hello,
    I noticed when using OR/NY/MG X275 Rev .86, that two of my engines: an ET44AH & ES44AC, which also use a GEVO cabview by Borislav, have two issues while running under this version.
    First, when I release the train brakes, they charge to 90% in seconds instead of the few minutes I've become accustomed to under prior MG and OR versions.
    Second, in the cabview - on the right computer screen, the throttle status indicator is in "SETUP" mode while idle, or when I notch up from 1-8. it will retreat to B1, 2, 3 etc. when dynamic braking is on, but not idle or throttling up the notches.

Not sure if this is a weird MG issue, or something to do with the design of the cabview that isn't meshing with this version of MG?

Thoughts? I also pinged Borislav to see if he has any thoughts about his cabview and this version of MG.

Thanks very much,
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

What does 88.1 do?
    Cheers
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by qballbandit View Post
    Hello,
    I noticed when using OR/NY/MG X275 Rev .86, that two of my engines: an ET44AH & ES44AC, which also use a GEVO cabview by Borislav, have two issues while running under this version.
    First, when I release the train brakes, they charge to 90% in seconds instead of the few minutes I've become accustomed to under prior MG and OR versions.
    Second, in the cabview - on the right computer screen, the throttle status indicator is in "SETUP" mode while idle, or when I notch up from 1-8. it will retreat to B1, 2, 3 etc. when dynamic braking is on, but not idle or throttling up the notches.

Not sure if this is a weird MG issue, or something to do with the design of the cabview that isn't meshing with this version of MG?

Thoughts? I also pinged Borislav to see if he has any thoughts about his cabview and this version of MG.

Thanks very much,
    I spotted this same problem and posted in a thread over at ET http://www.elvastower.com/forums/ind...ays-incorrect/

Sometime later, Boris rediscovered the problem, and also posted --- here I believe ( although I cannot find it now ) and did determine what the problem was. PM him, I'm sure he'll explain it to you. I think it's a bug, because it does not happen in the last stable version 1.3.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Thanks Gerry, I appreciate that feedback. I'll grab 1.3 and go from there!
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by qballbandit View Post
    Thanks Gerry, I appreciate that feedback. I'll grab 1.3 and go from there!
    I think I read your post too quickly, my problem was with the Dynamic Brake numbers in the cabview, although you could be seeing the same thing...
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Is the problem present in the Testing and in the Unstable OR versions?

Hi Neil and hi, guys!

I can't do any testing at the moment, since I am on holiday, away from my computer. I plan to get back at the beginning of February. Therefore, I can't help you out with the first problem, but I know what's causing the second problem:

"Second, in the cabview - on the right computer screen, the throttle status indicator is in "SETUP" mode while idle, or when I notch up from 1-8. it will retreat to B1, 2, 3 etc. when dynamic braking is on, but not idle or throttling up the notches."

I wrote about it last year over at the Elwas Tower. He's what I found:

I have found a solution to this problem. Well, not a completely satisfactory solution, but a solution nevertheless.

The problem is this. The original .cvf file value for the first animation frame of the Dynamic Brakes reads this:

State (
    State (
    Style ( 0 )
    SwitchVal ( 0 )
    )
    State (
    Style ( 0 )
    SwitchVal ( 0.00001 )
    )
    State (
    Style ( 0 )
    SwitchVal ( 0.22 )
    )
    State (
    Style ( 0 )
    SwitchVal ( 0.33 )

It seems that the problem is the number zero in the second pair of brackets. One of the numerous ORTS updates must have changed something within the game engine which prevents the game from reading the first value with zero in the brackets. Therefore, the first frame, which is transparent, cannot be shown when Dynamics are not in use, so we always see the "Set-Up" frame shown on the screen (which is the second frame in the .ace file, but the first one to be shown once you have activated the Dynamics).

The solution is simple. I've replaced the zero with a 0.0001 value and now this first frame is shown in the game, meaning that you no longer see the "Set-Up" frame when you are not using the Dynamics. Now, however, activation of the Dynamics does not switch to the second frame (Set-Up) immediately upon pressing the button. Instead, it goes straight to B1 after the Dynamics have kicked in a little.

This is what this section looks like now:

State (
    Style ( 0 )
    SwitchVal ( 0.000001 )
    )
    State (
    Style ( 0 )
    SwitchVal ( 0.0001 )
    )
    State (
    Style ( 0 )
    SwitchVal ( 0.01 )
    )
    State (
    Style ( 0 )
    SwitchVal ( 0.22 )

There are two sections in the .cvf file that need to be changed. One for the Dynamics display on the computer screen, and the other for the green/yellow lines that surround the indicator on the computer screen.
    Borislav
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic100353_2.gif

Quote Originally Posted by csantucci View Post
    Is the problem present in the Testing and in the Unstable OR versions?
    Unstable version 1.3 does not have this problem. All cab view Throttle and Dynamic number displays are correct. Please see my ET link in post#3.
    Cheers, Gerry

Thanks Borislav!!!! Hope further releases of MG get by this so all positions display correctly in your cab.

To echo some of the above, Carlo - I tested old versions of MG and OR and I did not have this issue, only with the later New Year version did this start happening.
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    Unstable version 1.3 does not have this problem. All cab view Throttle and Dynamic number displays are correct. Please see my ET link in post#3.
    Gerry,
    an Unstable version 1.3 does not exist. Either it is Unstable, or it is 1.3.1. (Stable). From your linked post (thank you) I see that the problem is there also in the Unstable release (and I assume also in the Testing release), which is the basis of OR NewYear MG for train physics.