Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Struggling with FTP

Quote Originally Posted by gusthegator View Post
    I'll give that a try, not the best with coding
    Hi...

Just the commands you have to type at the prompts - first - cd to the directory on your local machine with your file to be uploaded. Make sure your upload has that FILEID file with all your pertinent information - or they won’t know how to process it.

Then - while following along with my first post.

ftp ftp.trainsim.com
    anonymous
    cd incoming
    bin
    hash
    mput [your filename]
    quit

Regards,
    Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scottb613 View Post
    Hi...

Just the commands you have to type at the prompts - first - cd to the directory on your local machine with your file to be uploaded. Make sure your upload has that FILEID file with all your pertinent information - or they won’t know how to process it.

Then - while following along with my first post.

ftp ftp.trainsim.com
    anonymous
    cd incoming
    bin
    hash
    mput [your filename]
    quit

Regards,
    Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    After pounding my head, realising I had to use CMD, I understand what to do. I'll do this when I get home from work tonight. Many thanks Scott.

Hi...

Hah - you got this...

In my first post - for testing - I placed my file to be uploaded in "C:\Users\scott" - which is the default directory for me when I launch a CMD Prompt. It keeps it as simple as possible. The commands you are typing are:

bin - puts FTP transfer in Binary Mode - which is appropriate for a ZIP file.
    hash - just sends a "#" to your screen for every so many bytes transferred successfully - so you can see progress.
    mput - just pushes your file to the trainsim server - it will accept wildcards for file names - keep it simple and just type the complete name out.

Regards,
    Scott

Hi...

Hah - you got this...

In my first post - for testing - I placed my file to be uploaded in "C:\Users\scott" - which is the default directory for me when I launch a CMD Prompt. It keeps it as simple as possible. The commands you are typing are:

bin - puts FTP transfer in Binary Mode - which is appropriate for a ZIP file.
    hash - just sends a "#" to your screen for every so many bytes transferred successfully - so you can see progress.
    mput - just pushes your file to the trainsim server - it will accept wildcards for file names - keep it simple and just type the complete name out.

Regards,
    Scott
    Unfortunately, I got the "Connection closed by remote host" message: I guess the clock ran out or Nels stopped it manually. I'll try again tomorrow as I'm falling asleep typing this.

It's 0630 on Sunday and I'm checking this for some reason - and I learned something! Windows has a built-in ftp client. With browsers in general dropping support for ftp (the only one I'm sure has it, still, is Firefox), the command-line options is worth knowing about.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeebb View Post
    It's 0630 on Sunday and I'm checking this for some reason - and I learned something! Windows has a built-in ftp client. With browsers in general dropping support for ftp (the only one I'm sure has it, still, is Firefox), the command-line options is worth knowing about.
    Hi Mike,

Back in the day - all we had was the command line.

Regards,
    Scott

Hi...

Did you see the hash marks start scrolling across your screen after you "mput" the file ?

You can copy your ftp session in the Command Window and paste it here so we can follow along - as I did in my first post.

Regards,
    Scott

Hi...

Did you see the hash marks start scrolling across your screen after you "mput" the file ?

You can copy your ftp session in the Command Window and paste it here so we can follow along - as I did in my first post.

Regards,
    Scott
    It worked, and the file is on the site. Hah, what a relief.
    Last edited by gusthegator; 01-31-2021 at 03:41 PM.

Hi...

Glad to hear...

Regards,
    Scott

Hi everyone

Can Anyone Help Me how to upload files Larger Than 100 Mb Using FTP Trainsim in internet explorer

I Drap & droped files , but also there is not happening ,

Can Anyone Help me where / how to upload on FTP In internet explorer , it would be Really HELPFUL

PLS ANYONE HELP ME!!