Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Adding Automatic Switch Sounds in Openrails

I found the sounds a little too loud for my senses...so I turned them down. When Carlo Santucci released them ( if I remember correctly ) he said they were experimental...there have been no further releases and no one else -- with knowledge of sound files -- have added more or updated the feature for OR.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by csx8851 View Post
    The wheel switch sounds I mentioned were provided with the Streamlines BNSF Seligman sub upgrade. I am trying to incorporate these into other routes. If anyone has Carlo’s contact information, please send me a PM
    I recently bought the Seligman route but I don't hear any switch sounds, although in TSRE5 I can see the "wheel switch moderate" sound source pillars by the switches.
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Although I AM hearing the flange squeal on curves...
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

I have the same issue with the Seligman route. Does the automatic switch sounds work in the stable version of openrails?

Well I only have the testing version and MG and there's no switch sound in either of these versions so I'm guessing they won't work in stable either. I've messaged TS to ask about this but I'm not holding my breath.

They work in all versions of OR for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dforrestc View Post
    They work in all versions of OR for me.
    Are you saying the TrainSimulations switch sounds work on your copy of Seligman route? I have the flange sounds working but I've never heard a sound, either in cab or externally, when going over a switch.

Quote Originally Posted by niknak View Post
    Are you saying the TrainSimulations switch sounds work on your copy of Seligman route? I have the flange sounds working but I've never heard a sound, either in cab or externally, when going over a switch.
    No I am not. What I am saying is that it does work in all versions of OR.

My apologies, I think we were at cross purposes there. My query is specific to the switch sounds in Seligman route, rather than the different versions of OR.

A related question. Can someone tell me how I can check whether a route is using Sound Regions or not?