Thread: Help with an error

Gandangara Estate, Sutherland Shire. N.S.W, Australia.

Default Help with an error

Hi

Can anyone help me with the cause of the error.

See log file

OpenRailsLog.txtOpenRailsLog.txt

Thanks.

If you need a copy of the Act07261 GDR BZA MEMU EXPRESS SPL.zipOpenRailsLog.txt

I appreciate any advice or comments.

Regards

Daniel
    Daniel - Sydney (Glad I'm not in Townsville)
    It used to be my favourite place in the world.

Daniel, with respect, ... you gotta learn how to use the log ...
    Let's look at this log entry...it's quite self-explanatory
    Warning: Cannot find main track for node 160 in path D:\1MSTS\ROUTES\SRGT\PATHS\07261 M1.PAT

Warning: Cannot find main track for node 182 in path D:\1MSTS\ROUTES\SRGT\PATHS\07261 M1.PAT

Warning: Cannot find main track for node 184 in path D:\1MSTS\ROUTES\SRGT\PATHS\07261 M1.PAT

Warning: Cannot find main track for node 189 in path D:\1MSTS\ROUTES\SRGT\PATHS\07261 M1.PAT

Warning: Cannot find main track for node 190 in path D:\1MSTS\ROUTES\SRGT\PATHS\07261 M1.PAT

Warning: Cannot find main track for node 224 in path D:\1MSTS\ROUTES\SRGT\PATHS\07261 M1.PAT

Warning: Cannot find main track for node 227 in path D:\1MSTS\ROUTES\SRGT\PATHS\07261 M1.PAT

Warning: Cannot find main track for node 258 in path D:\1MSTS\ROUTES\SRGT\PATHS\07261 M1.PAT

Warning: Invalid path D:\1MSTS\ROUTES\SRGT\PATHS\07261 M1.PAT for AI train : 07261 PLAYER ; train not started
    1. OR cannot find several main track nodes for path "07261 M1.pat"
    2. Invalid path warning for PLAYER >>> "07261 M1.pat"

So, you have a problem with the player path, player train not started >>> which will cause OR to not load the activity.
    Solution...start up the trackviewer and move the starting point for the player path ( if it is right on top of signal try moving it further away )--- you may have to do this a couple of times...moving path backward or forward, a lot depends upon how the activity was constructed.

First...make a copy of the path before starting trackviewer to edit the path.
    using the trackviewer...you must enable editing, then choose the path to edit, then look the path over to get a sense of where it runs and other information you can glean from it ( passing paths, etc. ) then delete the end of the path before editing it, move the starting point, then set the end of the path, the save the path. ( you have a copy so if you mess it up you can start over again ).

Note: quick tip...if while editing the path, the path will not draw past a signal, use shift+pageup to extend the path -- this usually draws the path to the logical end of the route --- then place the end point where is belongs and save path. Making sure you have kept all the passing paths - if any - intact.

Ps. this particular warning is obvious, I admit others can be cryptic...from the threads I've read the development team is very aware of this and is trying to remedy it.
    Last edited by R. Steele; 09-08-2021 at 05:15 PM.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Hi Daniel,
    The path m1.pat is invalid.
    Based on previous problems with Indian routes, are you sure that the activity is designed to be run in the version of route SRGT you are running?
    It seems odd that the .act file shows the Player service as "07261 PLAYER" but the OR log shows it as an AI train.

The .act file you attached is only of limited use - a .apk file of the complete activity might be more useful. Having said that, if MSTS_ActMan doesn't show any errors, it's more likely to be a route problem.

Cheers,
    Ged

EDIT : Sorry, Gerry, you beat me to it!! Your comments and suggestions are perfectly valid so long as the route and activity are meant for each other, but if not, other problems may arise. The note on the download screen indicates that the activity is for v1 of the route.
    Last edited by slipperman; 09-08-2021 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    ...EDIT : Sorry, Gerry, you beat me to it!! Your comments and suggestions are perfectly valid so long as the route and activity are meant for each other, but if not, other problems may arise. The note on the download screen indicates that the activity is for v1 of the route.
    Ged, the only problem I see --- is that I failed to accurately read the log. And...after lecturing Daniel about learning how to read the log.
    My how the fallen have fallen further. OR...is it farther? Maybe I've fallen further farther.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Hi Gerry,
    No problem, mate
    How's the song go - "pick yourself up, dust yourself down and start all over again" ? Well, it's something like that

Cheers,
    Ged

Gandangara Estate, Sutherland Shire. N.S.W, Australia.

Hi Guys

I did reply to this thread but it is not there now. Perhaps my bad.... Don't you hate that expression.

In summary what I wrote was "I never take offence with any comments or constructive criticism,
    or advice.

just don't say I'm ugly...

I really rely on your knowledge and willingness to help.

Regards

Daniel
    Daniel - Sydney (Glad I'm not in Townsville)
    It used to be my favourite place in the world.