Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Adding Automatic Switch Sounds in Openrails

The DemoAutoSounds set appears, to my tastes, to be more suited for steam engine / stick rail era routes and does not really fit the present day North American / welded rail scene all that well. Plus, there wasn't much of a distinction between the plenty of jointed rail sounds and the occasional switch frog sounds when crossing a switch. So the problem circles back to how to simply augment switch frog battering noises to the overall competent TS suite of sounds. The prior way OR did it was to use the switch node as a trigger, although with our collection of switches the actual switch node is not necessarily close to the frog. And of course the false triggers from older MSTS route-embedded zero degree nodes.

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    Rowie's beet hoppers arrived aliased to 2001 kuju default sounds. I changed half the loaded hoppers to the TS latest "freight.sms" and the other half to TS "old_freight.sms". Their old_freight.sms seems to be required if you want the randomized flat wheel sounds . No other old MLT sounds or rolling stock occupied the Trainset folder, just the latest Open Rails soundset from TS

https://youtu.be/sem1e8wALg0?t=474
    would it still be cool to alias them to the older Maple Leaf Tracks welded rail track sounds from 2003-2004? Those are nostalgic.

Personally I use Carlo's excellent DemoAutoSounds on all my routes. Regarding wagon sounds, I use a combination of TS and MLT's sounds.
    Regards,

Nick

Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Hi Folks,

If unfamiliar - try Erick Cantu's public domain freight car sounds.

Regards,
    Scott

I agree with Scott.
    Erick did a fine job on these. https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/tslib....ight&fid=36069

Randy