Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Adding Automatic Switch Sounds in Openrails

Quote Originally Posted by dforrestc View Post
    A related question. Can someone tell me how I can check whether a route is using Sound Regions or not?
    If you use TSRE and check under "other" then any sound regions in the route will be listed there, if that helps.
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Quote Originally Posted by niknak View Post
    If you use TSRE and check under "other" then any sound regions in the route will be listed there, if that helps.
    Thank you but unfortunately this appears the list the sound regions included in the route's ttype.dat file, but not whether they are actuality used in the route.

Thank you but unfortunately this appears the list the sound regions included in the route's ttype.dat file, but not whether they are actuality used in the route.
    Easiest way is fly around in TSRE along the track and look for the yellow handles showing the sound regions

Look for .WS files in the World directory... that's where sound regions get defined.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post
    Look for .WS files in the World directory... that's where sound regions get defined.

Are we referring to the same thing? I am looking for Sound Regions which play the various track sounds defined in the ttype.dat file of the route.

I thought so. When you place a sound source or region, I've always assumed it gets recorded in the WS file. But I don't use sounds very much in my routes...

Are we referring to the same thing? I am looking for Sound Regions which play the various track sounds defined in the ttype.dat file of the route.
    After further checking, I agree! Both types are sound are in the .ws files.

I'm still trying to find out why the switch sounds in Seligman route aren't working. Someone at TrainSimulations went to a lot of trouble in placing a sound source next to each switch but there's no sound.
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Quote Originally Posted by niknak View Post
    I'm still trying to find out why the switch sounds in Seligman route aren't working. Someone at TrainSimulations went to a lot of trouble in placing a sound source next to each switch but there's no sound.
    What actual sound source entries have been placed in which files?

Just had a reply from TrainSimulations in which they state the switch sounds were originally configured for MSTS and won't work with OR at present. They have reported this to the OR team in the hope this could be rectified in a future update.