Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Railroad Transportation Simulator 2021 announcement

Scott was able to join some of my images but I'm not sure how he did it. I believe I went with a frame time laps every 5 seconds in travel of 1.8m/s coming to over 100 frames for 1KM. Quick math here is an image every 10 meters approximately.

The higher you fly the more you get, plus less distortions from angles, but less detail. I'm trying to visualize my experience with FYM vs what I would have in RTS21. To be honest I'm not as excited as I once was.

My ambitions are much higher, though I don't have the time or skills to pull it off on my own. Enjoying the view from my drone is one thing, but trying to replicate it into a simulator is still a challenge. As usual the AI and back end of logistics should not be an issue.

I'm curious what Open Rails could bring to the table. Run8 is likely not an option.

Thanks

Sean

Very useful for what I need. The possibly issue I have now is the point at which I'm joining numerous pictures the appear is obvious. I don't remember this in Paint. Going to attempt a couple of more trials sometime tonight.

I've been using paint.net now but I have a border that I need to smooth out between images. Scott figured out how to do it, but I'm waiting for the colonel's secret recipe

I'm now looking at potentially focusing on Toronto Mac Yard including the dual hump as a starting point, which would be full of activity. When I visualize this new concept, it's probably not as exciting as I remember in Niagara because there isn't too much going on other than a bit of yard work and a few industries and interchanges. This all works great in a 3D simulator such as Trainz or Run8. Not so sure it really is as exciting in what I have in mind.

Probably should learn how to use Blender and then perhaps I may be on to something. Still as usual probably jumped the gun in announcing this, but I'll try my best.

Thanks

Sean

Hi guys:

For those I've known for years here, it's been a pleasure. I've decided to end my membership here after 20 years. I can be found and reached at the links listed below.

Respectfully, take care everyone!

Sean