Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Railroad Transportation Simulator 2021 announcement

BTW I want to add this in as well regarding compatibility with others and this one is a longshot, but I will say Run8. They have their own goals, timeline, etc. I have no idea what version 3 will have or if the AI will be good enough to warrant more automated switching operations to my own criteria or satisfaction. Put it this way I may be stubborn, but I did shelve RTS 2 beta once Run8 V2 came out because though the car forwarding wasn't as good as RTS, it was much more automated than what I had thus I adapted to it.

Reason I bring up Run8 is you mentioned other regions. Run8 about 2 years ago mentioned other regions including smaller regions and 3rd party developers were coming. I'm not sure if that was supposed to be before V3 or not, but I've been patiently waiting for a while now.

For me I'm one guy with a full time job, and I haven't wrote 1 line of code for 2021 yet. I've already been as open as I possibly can be on realistic time lines and plans. Personally that is the way I like to treat people and followers. Yes I will fall flat on my face more times than not, or give up and try again later. But I haven't sold anything yet to anyone.

Just keep that in mind in case a miracle happens on the Run8 front. I'd personally love to see it so I can just get back to running and not worry about coding and flying my drone for other things But unless something can meet me half way I intend to build my own simulator. Something I should of done a long long time ago.

RTS was a utility. This will be an entire simulator, and I'm very excited and looking forward to it.

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    ......Something I should of done....
    Should HAVE done. Have.

The reason so many people get this wrong is due to the abbreviation of "should have" to "should've" when written.

The problem arises when it's spoken, because it's heard as "should of".

I make no apology for the grammar lesson; this used to piss me off no end with my kids but I finally got the message through to the extent that they now pass it on to their kids!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Oh boy not the grammar police I know the difference, the issue is habit. Trust me spell checkers and grammar checkers get me all the time. This forum has a spell checker, it does not have a grammar checker. You'll see plenty of them and if it looks unprofessional for a very small developer so be it. Fortunately my email at work has both.

My brain works differently than many where it runs on autopilot, especially habits. In my late 40's now I didn't learn the lessons early enough. Since the age of 8 I've been on medication for seizures that sedates my memory. This makes it difficult to play complex games and even program. Despite those disabilities, it doesn't stop me from doing both. BTW I don't see myself as disabled despite others not understanding my condition. Technically I'm not considered disabled, and I like it that way.

The only thing I care about here is RTS2021.

Thanks

Sean

There is nobody that isn't disable in some way or another. We are limited humans, doing the best we can.

I did actually meet someone once who had a charmed and perfect time growing up and did seem unbroken. It was in fact a serious limitation for her because it restricted the empathy she had for others (she was kind, just didn't have some experiences and didn't understand them). As a teacher, that was a problem.
    Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by conductorchris View Post
    There is nobody that isn't disable in some way or another.....
    Very true, Chris.
    Society defines "normal" by numbers; if the overwhelming majority behave in a certain way then that is "normal".
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Oh boy not the grammar police I know the difference, the issue is habit. ....
    Not having a shot at you Sean but at the teaching profession.
    When my kids (now 40 and 37) went through school in the 1980s our education system placed very little emphasis on spelling and grammar. It was all about the ability to express themselves. Apparently the educators overlooked the fact that it was possible to do both.....a fact born out by my generation, who were grounded in the "Three R's".....readin', 'riting and 'rithmetic.

Not an issue. My only concern here is getting RTS2021 out. I've been procrastinating on some grunt work of splicing in the maps. I'll grab some supper and get down to it when I get back. At the very least I'll get a good estimate of how much workflow is involved so I can adjust my expectations and relay a good timeline. Hoping to have something to show later tonight, Monday at the latest.

Thanks

Sean

Of course using crappy editors like Paint probably is not going to cut it. As soon as I went to start I noticed the rotate is only at 90 degree increments. Anyone suggest a good, potentially free paint program that can give me variable rotation and possibly a ruler to line my track up

Thanks

Sean

......Anyone suggest a good, potentially free paint program...
    I don't know if it's free anymore, Sean, but I have been using Paint Shop Pro since 1997. Yeah....24 years!!
    I've carried it over to every computer I've had since its first installation.

There's a free trial version, I think:-

https://www.paintshoppro.com/en/free-trials/

Thanks I haven't updated the thread last night as I just got paint.net
    Pretty good for what I need. The only issue I have now is when I'm joining multiple images the seem is visible. I don't recall this in Paint. Going to try a few more experiments later this evening.

Thanks

Sean